“Horrible”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Indianola
CARLISLE
“Horrible”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

There were dead bugs all over the floor under the window. Our windows didn't even have a screen. Our toilet hardly flushed. The tv cable kept going in and out the whole time. One had one bedside table. The lamp next to one side of the bed wasn't plugged in because of lack of outlet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Gautam(Jimmy) and wife Nita Patel run an awesome hotel. Their rooms reflect a details I have never stayed at in a Super 8. Fanned shower curtains, room arrangements, so many small details and assistance wiith solving personal difficulties. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Lompoc, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here as there seemed to be few other lodging choices in the area and we wanted a pool for the kids. After reading the reviews we were understandably leary but in the end decided to check it out. I did not book until I had looked at a room- the staff was more than happy to oblige. I saw a neat and clean smelling room, so I booked. My kids swam to their hearts content while I watched in the comfort of the lobby (through a window). There is free wireless internet and I was able to use my ipad to kill the time. The breakfast was nothing fancy but again the kids were happy and what did I expect for such a reasonable rate. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed 1 night in 2 queen, 1 pull-out suite. Clean and quite comfortable. Did notice a couple of beetles in bathroom in morning. Pool was not to warm. Breakfast was average breakfast. Checked in about 9 P.M. and staff had tried to call and check on us. All in all it was quite satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Only in a small town could a motel get away with the awful service and bad accomodations that this establishment had. I was with a wedding and first off, many guests were told they didn't have rooms upon arrival. The guests had called in advance to double check but once arriving, they didn't have rooms and were forced to drive home or find relatives to stay with. It was almost like a "first come, first serve" basis and one guest saw the manager actually give a wedding guest room to a favorite trucker coming through. I would never stay in this place and I hope that someone will take over and turn this place around. I have stayed in Super 8's before that are not bad but this place needs new management and a clean up (and an apology to the wedding guests who didn't have rooms would be nice too!!). Unfortunately it gives Super 8 a bad name and I will discourage anyone from ever staying in this motel. A little customer service and integrity goes a long way!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine J

Travelers are raving about these Indianola hotels

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We checked in at about midnight and went straight to sleep (we drove a long way). When we got up we noticed black bugs on the floor. I let the owner know and he said an exterminator would be coming out and it's because it's been so hot out that the rooms have bugs in them.

We went to indianola because my husband had training for work and super 8 had a pool (we brought our 2 children). We decided to stay while my husband was in training and tried going swimming only to find more bugs in the swimming pool. We went back to the room so my youngest could take a nap and the owner knocks on the door to tell me an exterminator would be spraying our room. I told him no because I don't want my children sick (I know nothing about the chemicals and didnt want to chance it). He looked at me like I was stupid and kept telling me to let him. We packed our stuff and left!

I also notices that they break fire code by keeping the upstairs doors closed. The one door is hard to open and I never checked the other one.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Bgerold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianola
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines
Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moin...
#5 of 22 in West Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

Been to Quality Inn Indianola? Share your experiences!