“Great, friendly quiet atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Indianola
Davenport, Iowa
“Great, friendly quiet atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very Quiet motel and very accommodating staff. The staff had the heat turned on in the rooms so they were not cold when we arrived. The beds were fairly new and very comfortable. The room was very clean and you could tell they had done some recent updating. Overall, It was a very nice enjoyable stay and would recommend this place to friends who are traveling to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Noelle W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The owner, Mr. Patel, and his staff are very friendly and accomodating! The rooms are clean and the price is fair. I came "home" late and the light had been left on in my room to welcome me back! I have stayed here three times in the last 5 months and have been pleased with the service and quality of room, complimentary breakfast, etc. During the cold winter months, the staff had turned on my heater so that my room would be warm before I checked in! I would definitely recommend them as a place to stay if you are in Indianola!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Cami M
DeSoto, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, even though I didn't have a reservation the owner went out of his way to find me a room that I asked for, a double on the bottom floor with fridge and microwave......He even showed me a room before I decided to stay. The room was very clean and the beds were clean and comfy. The room was quiet and easy to enter from the back parking lot. We were very happy with our stay and we will stay there again when we are in town!!!! THANKS APPLE TREE INN:):)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda P
Battle Creek, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the Apple Tree Inn during homecoming at Simpson College. The room was very clean and had a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in the room. There had been some recent renovation in the room and the bathroom where they updated some.The continental breakfast was good for a small hotel with both hot and cold options.

The beds weren't the best and the TV was an old tube type. The renovation hadn't been completely finished, with 2x4's exposed under the bathroom sink and needed to be finished, but everything worked well.

The staff was friendly and overall the stay was good. I booked online and didn't have any problems when I checked in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kurt B
Tipton IA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We spent one night at the Apple Tree Inn. The web reservation page was down, so we had to call for our reservation. The staff was friendly and helpful on the phone and when we got there. The room was clean and we could park right outside our window, which was nice. The breakfast had some hot items as well as cereal and rolls, but seating was limited. We had a first floor room and worried about noise from the 2nd floor. The room was very quiet, even though the hotel was full. The hotel is located on the main highway on the north side of town. No restaurant on site, but McD's is next door on one side, and there are many food options nearby. We'll probably stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubuque, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This town has two options owned by the same family which may explain the low level of upkeep of the properties as you have no other choices in town. I recently stayed here for work as it Was the hotel they selected. I would have paid for my own room to stay somewhere else then to Stay here again. The whole property was run down. Mismatched wall paper dingy brown looking scruffy towels. Outdated everything and the appliances in the room look like they were collected from garage sales. Only good thing about my stay was the waffles But plan on waiting awhile as it is obviously what everyone wants to eat. Your money would be better spent elsewhere if you wanted a comfortable stay. I stayed away from the hotel as much as possible because i felt dirty when i was there and the room is depressing. Others compl Ained of waking up to the mcdonalds drive through speaker taking orders. As i read the reviews prior to coming i am aware that kirit will defend his establishment and offer an apology but i would ask him rather than apologize do some updating and make the property feel clean. Cleaning a dingy run down looking property doesnt make it more comfortable it still feels grossy and appearance matters. Take the time and money to update your facility!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DaniBB043
kapipatel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hi Danielle, thanks for the review and visiting us recently, sorry you weren't happy with the stay. The photos you provided are great as, contrary to your statements, they show the many investments we are constantly making to the property. New, bright and efficient hallway lights (wallpaper is next!), new lamps with an easy access electrical outlet (got to charge that cell phone, who uses landlines anyway!), new vanity counters (not quite finished at the time due to a supply mixup!), etc. We always have room for improvement but have to balance large capital intensive projects with our ability to offer valuable rates. Hope you give us another chance and visit again!

Travelers are raving about these Indianola hotels

Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Careful when you book on line with this motel. I book on line 6 weeks in advance received my Reservation Confirmation showing 2 queen bed nonsmoking. When I got to my room we only had 1 bed, upon returning to the front desk with my confirmation I was told there were no other rooms available has the motel had no vacancy. Front desk said I would have to speak to the managers and they were out of town. In my followup I was told it was a computer error, the reservation they received was only one room. My take on it is due to the fact there was a state volleyball in town they change our room to 1 bed since we book for 2 adults so they could accommodate more reservations. What you book on line is not what you get when you arrive, careful when booking on line. Motel is just an average motel, place to lay you head,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karla L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianola
DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Quality Inn Indianola
Quality Inn Indianola
#1 of 3 in Indianola
Red Carpet Motel - Knoxville

Been to Apple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!