“A decent place to stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Apple Tree Inn

and 1 more site!
Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Indianola
Mason, Michigan
“A decent place to stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

With very limited choices in this little town, you should probably stay here.
I have business right in Indianola and need to be close... Though there may be some nicer hotels 25 min away in Des Moines.
The Apple Tree Inn is locally owned and I like that. The place is basic and your expectations should be realistic. I found the motel to be clean and well run.
I had a king bed room that cost aprox $92 per night total and to me that is an affordable nights stay and I would expect basic accomodations.
They were very pleasant to me, housekeeping was timely and they furnish a basic breakfast each morning.
The room was a decent size, bed was fine, tv was updated. A mini fridge and bath products supplied. Room, towels and bedding were clean.
Theres food and shopping within walking and a wonderful downtown 2 min drive away...
I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RichieMichigan
kapipatel, Owner at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Sorry for the late reply but thank you so much for the review! Safe travels and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I hate to pick on a local, non-chain business. However room 106 smelled so strongly of mold/must it could make your eyes water. You walked in the door and you're hit with a wall of stink. The room's a/c was running full blast, but they clearly needed a dehumidifier. Our room's dew point was through the roof. The carpet and bedding all felt wet. We felt damp as we were trying to sleep. The bathroom ceiling looked like it was about to fall in and the floor was pretty dirty. We couldn't check out fast enough and after we did, I could smell the musty odor on my clothes all day. We felt gross when we left. There was also a tacky sign on the bathroom counter telling us not to clean our shoes with their towels and to instead ask for rags. This seemed almost comical to us -- even if it is an issue, which is unfortunate, it's the cost of doing business.

The continental breakfast isn't worth bothering with. The waffle iron looked like it had never been cleaned.

I'm not a picky hotel patron and love supporting local businesses, however this place needs some help. It's really not even particularly reasonably priced as you could pay $15-$20 more to stay at a spotless hotel chain. The staff was friendly, however. It would be great if they could get rid of the moisture and odor problem as it is nice to have a non-chain option in Indianola.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mrs_dunebuggy
, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
First and foremost I am sorry you weren’t satisfied with your stay with us. We take all guest comments seriously and would like to thank you for providing feedback.

Regarding the room humidity, if a guest is not comfortable we have a dehumidifier or extra fans that can be placed in the room if we are made aware of the issue.

Regarding the tacky sign I completely agree! We were hesitant to place the sign there but it got to the point where so many new towels were being thrown away that we decided to give it a try. Also with everyone “going green” this was an easy way to reduce our consumption of water, electricity, and detergent.

Regarding the free continental breakfast, we clean the waffle iron everyday and change the plates regularly. Due the popularity of the waffles the iron may not sparkling after a couple hours of use but it is definitely safe to use and still produces tasty hot waffles!

I would love to increase our rates $20! We strive to be a valuable option and we are constantly commended by our regular guests for continuously improving the property while keeping rates relatively flat over the years and staying competitive with pricier chain options.

We hope you give us another opportunity to provide you accommodations next time you are in town. Please send me an email at ppatel@appletreeindianola.com with contact information and I will do all I can to ensure your next trip is satisfactory. Thanks again for the feedback and safe travels! - Pritesh

Travelers are raving about these Indianola hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

The room was great and so was the staff. I will be returning whenever I need a place to stay in Indianola!

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kyle R
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I do hotel maintenance for a living so believe me I look at EVERYTHING when I travel. The Apple Tree Inn is great. My room was large, very clean and comfy. Everything worked well and was in good repair. The furniture was slightly dated but clean and fully functional/ The staff I encountered was both helpful and courteous/

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank david s
Lake View, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We dropped in late without a reservation. The desk clerk was courteous and friendly. The lobby is small, yes, but I didn't plan on hanging around in the lobby, so that was not an issue. The room was reasonably priced. The rooms do use actual keys rather than key cards but it was not a problem. The room was quite large and I liked the sink area outside the bathroom. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, plenty of towels and included a dorm-size refrigerator and microwave. The heating/cooling unit in the room did not have a thermostat so it was a little difficult to get the room to stay at a constant temperature. It was basic, not luxurious, but I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Preston, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

The beds are very comfortable, the service is great and they owners are trying to update constantly. The breakfast area is very small but tidy and good selection. This is an older hotel so if a new chain comes to town they will have a run for their money. If they keep taking care of the little things they will be in good shape. I have stayed there now for 6 weeks and really do like the hotel

Room Tip: Try to be upstairs the air is a bit fresher.