“Great for passing through”

Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Independence
Plattsburgh, New York
“Great for passing through”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our way home for the Holidays from Chicago the Saturday before Christmas. We probably could have driven further to make it all the way, but we did a quick search on our phones during the drive and found this place. I called and they told me the rate for the room and I asked about the hot tub since we were thinking it would be great to warm up since snow was coming overnight. They said that it wasn't working at the moment but that they would give us the Jacuzzi suite for the same price as the regular king because of the inconvenience. We couldn't pass it up, so an hour later we were there. The girl checking us in was very friendly and helpful, and our room was clean and comfortable. She warned us of a family Christmas gathering in the front area and that she would give us the room that would be furthest away because of the noise. It didn't make a difference to us, but having someone understand that was definitely welcomed. Breakfast was really good in the morning, and again - same staff was great. I felt sorry for the girl, as it was the same one who had check us in the night before and was pulling a double shift. Just hope she's compensated accordingly for her great service, friendliness, and double shift!
If we ever need to have a place to stay while passing through or otherwise, we won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura K
Manager16105, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate our front desk team and are glad we have such a wonderful staff! I'm am personally happy to hear that they took care of your needs and accommodated your request for the hot tub. Please stop by any time to have another experience here with us at the Best Western. Thank you for your kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Madison, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The hotel staff did an excellent job during my 2 day stay, under adverse conditions with temperatures below "0" and a small emergency situation at the hotel. From the General Manager to the Front Desk, they all stepped up and insured all guests were taken care of.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Manager16105, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this survey. The staff and myself enjoy the chance to make your stay as comfortable as possible, even in times of uncontrollable circumstances. We hope to see you again soon.
Pontiac, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Helpful good staff, clean rooms, pool and hot tub area was clean and had lots of pool towel, fitness room was basic but sufficient, good selection for breakfast items but if you eat late the eggs are a little chewy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Manager16105, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out the on line survey. I appreciate your honest response to the property. I am currently checking in with our vendor to improve the quality of the eggs we serve. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus in Independence, Iowa. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels.
Madison, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here one night in a king room. Room was very large with high ceilings. The room was updated, internet worked great and bed was comfortable. Couldn't believe the wide assortment for breakfast. Staff was very friendly with a quick check in and check out. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Manager16105, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
We, the staff, at the Best Western Plus in Independence want to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey on Trip Advisor. It is so nice to have our guests acknowledge what we do. I will make sure the staff reads this review, and I hope your travels find you safe. We hope to see you soon on your next visit with us.
Independence, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice place - from the appearance to the comfortable bed to the people - Great place to stay! The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was also good. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Manager16105, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your kind words. I am glad that the hotel could fulfill your needs on a pleasant place to rest. I hope we will see you again soon, until then many safe travels.
Waterloo, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice area quite, room was nice and clean, had a wonderful hot breakfast. I would stay here again in fact we booked our next stay here before we left. The pool was just right for our 8 year old as it had steps and a shadow end so you just walked down. The staff was very nice and willing to help

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a pleasant review of the hotel. I also want to thank you for noticing the staff. I am glad we will be able to accommodate you again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the other week while I was on a business trip.It was recommended to me by a friend, and at first I was hesitant because it was a little out of my way, but it was worth it! What a great choice! Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly, helpful desk clerk, and the cookies were a plus! I immediately felt right at home with the friendly staff. The manager even asked me on several occasions how the stay was going. That rarely happens, but she was there all the time making sure her customers were satisfied. I was here for the weekend and overheard people talking about weddings and there were no problems. Usually with wedding parties they are loud, but i slept so good, probably due to the best pillows I have ever used! The next morning I woke up and for a complimentary breakfast it was outstanding. One of the largest selections I have witnessed while staying at hotels. They had waffles, eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, fruit, bagels, cereal, etc, etc! It was delicious, and the front desk girl was in and out making sure everything was full and assisting at the front desk. I travel quite frequently and I can truly say this is one of the best hotels I have been at and that is why I have taken the time to write a review because it is well deserved. Keep up the good work, I will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I want to Thank You for going a little further out of your way to stay with us. I am glad to hear your stay was a pleasant one. I do appreciate the kind things you said about the staff I am fortunate to have at this hotel. I do hope you will stop in again. Again thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Inn and Suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterloo Cedar Falls
Hampton Inn Waterloo
Hampton Inn Waterloo
#1 of 15 in Waterloo
Days Inn Evansdale Waterloo
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls

Been to Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!