“Best Hotel in the area!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Independence Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Independence Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Independence
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Hotel in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the other week while I was on a business trip.It was recommended to me by a friend, and at first I was hesitant because it was a little out of my way, but it was worth it! What a great choice! Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly, helpful desk clerk, and the cookies were a plus! I immediately felt right at home with the friendly staff. The manager even asked me on several occasions how the stay was going. That rarely happens, but she was there all the time making sure her customers were satisfied. I was here for the weekend and overheard people talking about weddings and there were no problems. Usually with wedding parties they are loud, but i slept so good, probably due to the best pillows I have ever used! The next morning I woke up and for a complimentary breakfast it was outstanding. One of the largest selections I have witnessed while staying at hotels. They had waffles, eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, fruit, bagels, cereal, etc, etc! It was delicious, and the front desk girl was in and out making sure everything was full and assisting at the front desk. I travel quite frequently and I can truly say this is one of the best hotels I have been at and that is why I have taken the time to write a review because it is well deserved. Keep up the good work, I will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager16105, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I want to Thank You for going a little further out of your way to stay with us. I am glad to hear your stay was a pleasant one. I do appreciate the kind things you said about the staff I am fortunate to have at this hotel. I do hope you will stop in again. Again thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Inn and Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great location. Very nice hotel with a good breakfast. Kid friendly. Nice outside tables to sit at and enjoy the outdoors. The rooms are clean with newer comfortable bedding. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to recognize the hard work the employees have done to make your stay very pleasant. Please stop by again when you are in the area we look forward to seeing you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a new hotel. The staff was wonderful. The rooms very clean and nice. The breakfast in the morning was out of this world! So nice to have good old fashion value again! I would recommend this to anyone going thru the corn fields of Iowa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Ida Grove, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a very good experience at the Best Western in Independence, Iowa, last weekend....very nice clean and adequately appointed rooms and our only complaint was that the bisquits at the breakfast were like rocks and probably shouldn't have been served....other than that, we would be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

LaGrange, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

this hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. Fitness room was excellent. I did not eat breakfast but from what I saw there is quite a variety. I will stay here again if I am ever in this area. The whole experience was great including the staff!

SIOUX FALLS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

There was a construction crew drinking and smoking on the front patio when I pulled in, and other than sailor salty language they seemed well behaved. I mentioned my concerns to the staff at check in, and they placed me in the hotel "away" from them. Only disruption was about 5am when someone let a door bang shut, and that could have been anyone. The staff was friendly, filled all my needs, and room was very clean and fresh. AC was set at at 75* when I arrived. The ac took all night to cool the room to 70* when I checked out, while I had set it to 68*. I understand the need to conserve energy, but the mini refrig had also been turned off before I arrived, has no freezer, and by morning, my soda's and water were room temputure cool. Thankfully the construction crews hadn't emptied the ice machines on the third floor, but over breakfast I did hear other guests comment the ice was empty on the other floors.

Room Tip: Bring a cooler, and fill it at night, incase your fridge was like mine.
Lowell, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here at the last minute, but we very happy with the room. The hotel is extremely clean, we were very impressed with how clean it was. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good, most free breakfasts are not that good, but this one was pretty good. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherri V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We thank you for your review of our Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites. That’s quite a compliment you have paid us!!! How nice it was to read!!

Our management staff ensures all the team members exemplify the best customer service possible. It’s gratifying to know it’s appreciated.

We will look forward to welcoming you again soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterloo Cedar Falls
Days Inn Evansdale Waterloo
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Days Inn & Suites Waterloo
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Manchester

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Independence Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!