“Extremely clean”

Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here at the last minute, but we very happy with the room. The hotel is extremely clean, we were very impressed with how clean it was. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good, most free breakfasts are not that good, but this one was pretty good. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sherri V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

We thank you for your review of our Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites. That’s quite a compliment you have paid us!!! How nice it was to read!!

Our management staff ensures all the team members exemplify the best customer service possible. It’s gratifying to know it’s appreciated.

We will look forward to welcoming you again soon!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Traveling handicap is a burden, the hotel was set up for special needs even with a roll in shower, but the toilets are not truly handicap just because there is a grab bar, they need to be higher! It also needs that little vent to get rid of bathroom odor and dampness after a shower. Other than that just a little nit picking, if you like brick hard firm beds you'll like those, please start mounting TVs on the wall, its a little small and I couldn't figure out how to rent a movie, and I didn't ask. More outlets and lamps to light up a room would be nice, with outlet adapters to plug in more than one thing, it is the tech age. Hotels in general should also consider renting out motorized scooters for the baby boomers and my other suggestion is invest in bed toppers, so if someone calls and ask for pillow top, say yes and zip that baby on. We definitely would have stayed longer if the bed was more comfortable. I booked another hotel 2 weeks prior to our stay, it was filthy, we stopped at BWP Independence without them knowing we were coming and the room was spotless. The staff was so courtesy and breakfast was delicious. Pool and hot tub Awesome. Loved the check out time ! I would stay again just for one night only because the mattress was to hard for my bad back. I don't know when the hotel was built but it could pass for a brand new hotel ! As for trip advisor what sort of trip was it didn't apply leisure, travelers or handicap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. Beautiful rooms with a great view. Breakfast was more than I expected. We would love to come back when we have more time to enjoy the area. Pool and hot tub were great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sherri V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

We will look forward to welcoming you again soon!!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here for my daughters 9th Birthday! We all had so much fun. Pool and rooms were very nice. We used dining room for supper and cake. Service was great. They were all very nice. Breakfast was also very good. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sherri V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Best Western Plus-Independence Inn & Suites! We appreciate when guests let us know how we are doing to be able to maintain or improve our hospitality and service to guests. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and that you found our service pleasant and accomodating. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had never been to Independence before, but after my stay here on business, I will most definitely return the next time I am in the area! The staff was friendly and accommodating, room well-equipped, and breakfast was delicious. I slept like a rock in the comfortable bedsheets and pillows and enjoyed the in-room wi-fi to get my work done. Only down sides - sheets/blankets are a bit thin, so you'd be wise to bring a heavy blanket if you're often cold like me, and my shower water pressure was a bit light for my taste. Otherwise, great experience. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was very very upset by this experience!!! I rented the room for my daughter's 13th bday, upon arriving the desk clerk was very rude and told us if we were too loud we would be warned twice, and then fined and asked to leave. We reserved the room and dining area and thought our guests would be able to swim. We were kicked out of the pool and informed only registered guests were allowed to swim. We were also required to have id??? The room was reserved in the credit card holders name but he wasn't staying. The desk clerk insisted that whoever reserved the room must stay?? I am hoping this was a poorly trained employee, because my family comes from WI often and stays and has NEVER had these issues. If this is how u treat guests we will find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013

I apologize if you feel you were treated in a "rude" manner. My staff strives on providing great hospitality and providing great customer service to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us.
As for our swimming policy, we can only allow REGISTERED guests in our pool area for insurance and safety policies. We hope you can understand why we have policies and procedures in place to protect our guests.
We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Hampton Inn by Hilton Waterloo
#12 of 16 in Waterloo
Super 8 Independence
Super 8 Independence
#2 of 2 in Independence

Been to Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!