“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Independence
Iowa
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for a business meeting for 6 days. This is a very nice hotel! The staff is very friendly. There is a continental breakfast with gravy & biscuits, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, pastries, ect...There is a large size pool room with a very spacious hot tub, and an exercise room next door to it. The Double Room are very spacious with a large desk, chair, flat screen t.v., refrigerator, and Microwave. Large vanity in the bathroom with a tub/shower and blow dryer. There is also a closet with iron and board. Independence is nice town with a Wal-mart, Pizza Ranch, Caseys convenient store, and others. There is a good restaurant called Bill's which I would also recommend. We will stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sherri V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We thank you for your review of our Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites. That’s quite a compliment you have paid us!!! How nice it was to read!!

Our management staff ensures all the team members exemplify the best customer service possible. It’s gratifying to know it’s appreciated.

We will look forward to welcoming you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Independence, Iowa, Usa
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Overall stay at the hotel was good. I was surprised to find our room only partially cleaned when I checked in. We did not have any toiletries in our room, all trash cans were full from the previous guests & beds were not completely made. I told the front desk clerk when I left after checking in to meet my friends. You could tell she was rather embarrassed and said she would take care of what was not done in our room. The room has been attended too when we came back later that evening. Two very nice gals were working at the front desk. I over heard them talking that the room had not been stayed in the night before so it was not done by the maid for two days. Again, not their fault and it was taken care of. I appreciated that and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Des Moines, IA
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is a former Country Inn and Suites, so it is a nice hotel with a hardwood floor in the lobby and the trademark staircase going to the second floor. The hotel was clean and we saw the breakfast staff constantly wipe down tables, which is something I haven't seen very often at other places!
The breakfast was large for a hotel- scrambled eggs, potatoes, hard boiled eggs, sausage, gravy, waffles, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.
The room wasn't what we expected- we expected a two bedroom suite and only had a one bedroom, but I didn't do the check in so I don't know much about it. The beds were comfortable.
Not as a pleasant experiences- The room heat sounded like a delivery truck was parked outside the window. The people above us were very noisy throughout the night (sounded like they were jumping off the bed). The hotel was completely full so no opportunity for us to move rooms.
Overall, we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We are often in the area visiting family and usually stay in another town at another chain hotel. We decided on this hotel because it was more upscale and we had some reward points to use. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel, a large, well appointed room, a totally NON-SMOKING Motel (in Iowa no less!) and the overall quietness. Staff was very accommodating. We were on a ground floor, (the wedding party was on the third) and had a view of the roses and fountain. Breakfast was the make-your-own waffles, the are-they -really-eggs eggs, a a wide range of cereals, pastries etc. We enjoyed yogurt and frozen blueberries and strawberries on the waffles. Nice pool and workout room, too.This place is clean! A bigger price than the other hotels in town, but for us, it was worth it for quality of rest we received.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherri V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Our staff is held to high standards of customer service and hospitality, and the housekeeping staff strive to maintain cleanliness throughout the building. We are happy to hear that the staff is continuing this service throughout the day and that you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Over the years i have stayed at many hotels throughout the Midwest, and have to say this one ranks up there when it comes to cleanliness, accommodating staff and great rooms. When i checked in, the front desk gal, Briony, was very helpful with getting me into a room since i did not have a reservation made. Once i got to the room, i was impressed with how clean it was and just the overall quality of the room. I can say i had no complaints regarding anything, and there were little league baseball teams staying there and I didn't hear them at all. I've stayed at many hotels that don't have the home feeling, but this one sure did. I woke up the next morning, and they had great continental breakfast. Eggs, sausage, cereal, biscuits and gravy,bagels and toast, waffles,potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, and juice.It was great, loved having such a wide variety to choose from. The manager came up to me that morning and asked me how my stay had been, and talked to me for about 5 minutes making small chat, that was new! I can say overall i had a great stay and when I am in that area again i definitely will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Best Western Plus-Independence Inn & Suites! We appreciate when guests let us know how we are doing to be able to maintain or improve our hospitality and service to guests. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and that you found our service pleasant and accomodating. We hope to see you again soon!
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We did not realize that this hotel caters to weddings; this does not make for a peaceful sleep when you can hear the guests next door vomiting all night. The room was spotless, although I did not care for cheap air freshener that smelled like bad oranges. The hotel lobby has been tastefully decorated. We were very surprised by the rough looking housekeepers, who looked like they had just crawled out of a whiskey bottle. Eeeks!

Room Tip: This hotel caters to the party crowd, and you will hear them vomiting all night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The overall look and comfort of the rooms and hotel were good. Unfortunately the staff was not very accommodating. Kendra was the desk clerk that was very unpleasant and threatening when I was checking in. Apparently there was a noise complaint that she was upset about and quickly warned me that if I made any noise I would be promptly kicked off the property. Not the warm welcome I was expecting. The following morning I then overheard the manager complaining to fellow customers how she "hates her job" there at the best western. Sounds like a bunch of disgruntled hotel employees. This hotel was built right next to a wedding venue, not by accident I'm sure so there is the expected rowdiness of wedding after parties that are not well received by the staff. It is obvious that this hotel survives off the wedding season and in my opinion should welcome everyone with open arms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterloo Cedar Falls
Hampton Inn Waterloo
Hampton Inn Waterloo
#1 of 15 in Waterloo
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Days Inn Evansdale Waterloo
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Days Inn & Suites Waterloo

Been to Best Western Plus Independence Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!