TripAdvisor
Independence
Post
Inbox
Search

“Why I think asking what the people at the next table are eating is a GOOD idea.”

Bill's Pizza & Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Three people near where we were seated, seemed to be enjoying mounded plates of something covered in stringy cheese and bacon. My wife thinks asking the waiter or waitress what someone else is eating is rude, I DO NOT suffer from that. Sometimes there are local jems NOT on the menu. Such is the case with "Loaded Bill's Fries." Bill's fries are what some call "cottage fries" sliced potatoes deep fried. The "Loaded" version has a mound of Bill's fries, covered with three (or four?) types of cheese melted on top, and real bacon crumbles. In my opinion, they were a meal in themselves but my wife made me share. Her Pork Tenderloin tasted home made, without "heavy" breading, and the side dish bake beans were spot on too. With what I am guessing is their house BBQ sauce swirled in. So many places mix their sauce so into the beans one can not tell them apart. Little touches like this makes me want to return again and again to discover more jems, and treasures. If they put as much thought and care into their BBQ, and Pizza's, maybe it's a good thing I live as far away as I do.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Return visit. Went in for dinner at 8:45 pm on Saturday night. Service was good, pizza was good. I think they have the air set on energy conservation mode because it got very muggy and warm at 9:00 pm. Was there a month ago and the same thing happened around the same time. They are open until midnight. So, if they are turning down or shutting off the ac at 9:00 pm, that is crazy. Our poor server was obviously very hot and uncomfortable too.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 17, 2019

We stopped at Bill's as we found good online reviews. Fun place wish we could have stayed longer. Food was good for what you would consider 'bar food'. Nothing outstanding but fresh and clean.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Went right and noon and the parking lot was full, but the tables weren’t...not sure if that’s because everyone drove separately and then sat together. The staff was very friendly and fast. Our table was not wiped down and I requested assistance. Waiter/bartender helped me very professionally and quickly. I had a blt, wasn’t amazing but wasn’t terrible. I think I should have gotten a pizza or some of the meat. But we were going to a wedding and needed a light lunch. I will try again if in the area.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019

My wife and I stopped early this evening and were seated and given menus, We looked the menu over, decided what we wanted and waited a few minutes. Another couple came in and were seated a couple of tables away, and given menus. Staff came back and took their drink orders and we waited. Staff brought their drinks and we waited another 5 minutes without service. We got up and left to eat somewhere else.

Date of visit: March 2019