Earl's Regency
$8
$74
$68
$105
Majestic Tourist Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$21
$14
Agoda.com
$18
$11
Old Town Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$16
$15
Kandy Holiday Home(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$20
$73
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,255 results
All reviewsindian restaurantsri lankaluxury roommain restaurantour honeymoonfive star hotellovely hotelswimming poollarge hotelspecial thanksbuffet stylesmall balconydinner buffetnice poolrestaurant staffstayed here for two nightswelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in September 2007 as part of a one week tour of Sri Lanka. Other than the check in, which while friendly was a bit slow, we had a very positive experience - we're both quite picky and we can not fault this place. The hotel is part of a chain called Aitken Spence - we also stayed at another of their hotels - The Tea Factory - which we also enjoyed immensely - so would be keen to try their other hotels in the future.

The hotel is huge and has beautiful gardens. It is very much designed in a sort of old fashioned traditional luxury hotel style. Our room was huge and had a balcony and a lovely view of the pool and the hillside beyond. The bathroom was also massive and had a separate bath as well as a big shower cubicle. I would have preferred if the bathroom was done in white rather than black but it was very clean and well stocked. The toiletries were also a bit cheap looking but alas you can't have everything!!!

We were on half board so ate in the buffet for breakfast and dinner. The food was AWESOME, so much choice and of very high quality. They even had good desserts (something I find very rare in buffets). My OH is a bit sniffy about buffets but even he was satisfied, deeming it to be the best he'd ever had. Also there was a lady playing the piano in the restaurant which was a nice touch. The Mountbatten bar outside the restaurant is very comfortable as well - the staff is very friendly - and they give you raw vegetables and dip with your drinks as well as the standard salty snacks!!!

The pool was always empty which was great. The gym was also pretty deserted. Although, the gym could do with a refit as the decor (fake rocks on one side) and the machines were very dated, it smelled musty and the air conditioning didn't work that well.

I had the best massage EVER in the spa - and it was so cheap - I think it was 3600 rupees (around sixteen pounds - for an hour). The style and the pressure were perfect and the masseur also used hot towels which was loooovely. Both of the spa guys were really friendly - I had my massage from Ranga - so you will be in good hands if you ask for him!!! The spa was suffering from a lack of clientele at the time of my visit - which was a shame as it was excellent!!! You can also use the steam room and the jacuzzi at the same time as getting a massage for no additional charge.

So in summation - when in Kandy - do stay at the Earl's Regency!! You will not be dissapointed!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pink_Buddha
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Very freindly staff, lovely clean rooms. Food was brilliant. Great swimming pool. It was my birthday whilst staying there and i was given a beautiful birthday cake. Lovely suprise when i got back to my
room from touring around. Couldn't fault the hotel. When visting the Temple of the tooth met fellow travellors who stated that there hotels weren't up to much in Kandy. I'd definatly recommend this one.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank inneedofadventure
Reviewed October 8, 2007

A good experience, great location for Kandy, great views, quite night sleep, really what you'd expect no great awe inspiring or negative vies. I would reccomend this place. food not as good as Kandalama, do not eat in the a la carte restaurante, the flavours are completely confusing each other, all the effort is placed on appearance and the food looks great, but it doesn't taste it, buffet is much better.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed February 9, 2007

the rooms are simply amazing.infact they are more like suites.this is not a very known hotel,and so when our agent suggested we were apprehensive,but god bless him.everything from service to food to ambience to rooms to view was fantastic.beautiful...

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank suruchisethia
Reviewed January 30, 2007

Having read the reviews of all the hotels on our tour I was looking forward to the trip with a little anticipation. Need I have worried not a bit. Staff couldn't have been more helpful, due to bad weather in the hills we didn't arrive until turned 10pm, they'd kept the buffet open especially when our guide had called. Check in was done at our table and the bags were in the rooms when we'd eaten. Rooms were nice, large enough and clean. Went to the spa and they took us straight in no booking, thoroughly recommend it. Would do back tomorrow, wish we'd had longer there. Recommend the Irish Dark at the bar if you're a bitter drinker.

• Stayed: January 2007