“just like home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Humboldt
spirit lake
“just like home”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Great people great clean rooms. You would not be disapointed. My only concern is one of the nights me and friend stayed the front desk girl in the morning seemed very distracted and her uniform did not liik appropiate, she had a spagetti strap shirt on, didn't seem like something a super 8 employee should be wearing. The hotel staff was very helpful and polite though. Will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tawny b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Council Bluffs
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights for business. The breakfast was the best I have seen at a Super 8. The staff were very helpful. They provided me with an extra sheet when asked and even offered to make us coffee when we were playing games in the breakfast room in the evening. the room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely staff here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank h1200
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Great location for a car trip through central Iowa. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. AARP discount made rate very reasonable. Continental breakfast included; also coffee in room. Room also had a microwave and small refrigerator. It had more than I hoped for in a small town. If I go back through there I will stay at the same place again (only motel in town; choice is another nearby town). Humboldt had 4 restaurants that I would have readily patronized in addition to other restaurant choices that might have been okay (in addition to some typical fast food places). Downtown was cute. People were polite and friendly.

Room Tip: Room with queen bed had a planning desk and a recliner which was great for reading.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikee47
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great Staff, clean rooms, great hositality.
Very friendly town and community.

Room Tip: Large Rooms - very clean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mid-South
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I was nervous when I booked this hotel because I usually stay in pricier places but I shouldn't have worried. Very clean room and good customer service. The breakfast was very basic but OK for us. It was also quiet but I think I had asked to stay on the non-highway side.
I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I have stayed at many Super 8 Motels and this one should be rated #1. The staff makes you feel at home and displays alot of PRIDE in their job. Very friendly, exceptionally clean, and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure every accomodation need is met.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Temple City, California
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We were visiting farm relatives in Iowa. My two young grandchildren and my two daughters. Kind of a strange traveling group so we booked a "suite" at the Super 8 in Humboldt. My daughters needed the internet connection they advertised.

The "suite" had three double beds, a microwave, and a small fridge all for around $70 a nite. Since the kids slept on the floor we had plenty of room and it turned out to be an excellent choice. They also have a continental breakfast that is plenty for anyone.

When the wireless internet connection was slow they offered us a spot where we could connect direct. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and nice. Stay there, you won't be sorry.

1 Thank TCDennis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humboldt
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
Super 8 Fort Dodge IA
#3 of 11 in Fort Dodge
Sleep Inn and Suites Fort Dodge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Dodge

Been to Super 8 Humboldt? Share your experiences!