This is our 3rd time to St Maarten. We love it. Let me start by saying this place is very nice but i am going to compare it to the resort we usually stay at, 5 minutes away on Simpson Bay. The staff is top notch. Check-in, check-out, and all other services are excellent. The views are are great. We had an oceanview and a view of the canal/bridge to watch the boats too. So here are my gripes. The beach bar on Kim Sha beach can ruin peaceful nights on the balcony. There is also a bit of noise from the main road and police sirens. The beach sand is a bit coarse but there is plenty of room. The beach chairs are good for lounging but uncomfortable for reading. Not to bad for gripes right, unless you are looking for that quite time to read a book/newspaper or people watch or stare out to the ocean and daydream forgetting where you came from.
The location is great for getting to a bunch of restaurants and clubs. The grocery store by Burger King seemed better than Grand Marche for prices and selection, and was closer. And the fish market across the strret is great for fresh fish.
Some things we did different this time.
1. did not rent a car, we taxied to the resort for $12. the rest of the time we used the local bus i.e. from resort to Philipsburg is $3 round trip. If you don't need to be in a car everyday - using the bus or finding an inexpensive excursion, ie $12 water taxi to Marigot, is the way to go.
2. packed frozen and dried foods to offset the costs of the restaurants and supermarket prices.
I would recommend this place to anybody. Hope this help some of you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, West Indies, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Royal Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palm Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Royal Palm St Maarten
- Royal Palm Beach Club St Maarten