Royal Palm Beach Resort
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
$85
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
Orbitz.com
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$202
$92
Priceline
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$278
$128
Priceline
L'Esperance Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$145
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$77
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

Divi Little Bay Beach Resort(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$169
$142
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$70
  • Beachfront
All reviewsswim up barwithin walking distancesimpson baycabana restaurantgrocery storefull kitchenliving roomst maartenyacht clubmega yachtspineapplerented a carskip jackstime shareclose to the airporton site restaurantsmall pool
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although they could use some paint here & there and the general staff one meets around the building could be more personable; the view, beach, pool, cleaniless and having so many great bars & restaurants within walking distance, make The Royal Palm our favorite place to stay when in St Maarten. We so enjoy watching the mega yachts in season, and they are RIGHT there! There is plenty of free parking too, with shops and a liquor store in the complex.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BLTBoston_MA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the Royal Palm Feb 8th -14th .
When I opened the door to the condo on the 3rd floor all I could say was wow , black marble counter tops , nice living room an dining table , 2 bedrooms one in the front and one close to the hallway . Both had a queen size bed with a huge bathroom ,with large walk in shower ,which always had hot water , had toiletries ,

Kitchen had all that you needed to make your stay great, large fridge with ice maker , all dishes, glasses pots and pans, cutlery.Dishwasher ,
Also had a sliding door that opened to the balcony with a table and chairs and really nice view of the Ocean .

Ocean was nice , sand was nice and could get a chair with cover most of the time , the pool was small but nice and clean , Happy hour every day, at 4:00 two for one drinks , We did eat lunch at the restaurant and it was really good .
Bonus of this location , it was in walking distance of restaurants, some shops, bakeries and the grocery store groceries were quite pricey wine was not.
Our coffee pot quit working and we phoned the front desk and when we were out the new pot was delivered so service was great .

Overall we had a wonderful week at the Royal Palm and we would go back in a minute.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Ocean
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glitzr
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok, so the last time I stayed here I gave it a glowing report. Link here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147350-d151326-r127336525-Royal_Palm_Beach_Resort-Simpson_Bay_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

And I do Still like the place...but perhaps it's room location or perhaps things have changed...but this review DID need to be written.

1) Location of resort is great. Nice beach on Simpson Bay, nice pool, walk to everything. I still want it because I love this island, but it is TOTALLY realistic to think about not having a rental car and staying here. It's simply great.

2) Facility and rooms. Good - - but dated. The bedding is nice, but not super nice. IT doesn't live up to the hype of the Diamond resorts "silky smooth" that Mr.Stephen J. Cloobeck the head honcho brags about on the endless loop video about the company that plays on the Room TV. Also the linens are ok, towels ok. but all could stand an update. There's a smell in the towels that is not horrible but should ideally not be there.
Furnishings are showing their age and not super comfortable. But the 2 bedroom suites are great for a family and there are NO serious complaints. Again, not living up to the DIamond standard in my opinion.

3) The main problem I had was with NOISE. Our room overlooked the ocean and pool...near the center of the resort on the 4th floor over the pool. Photos attached, it's great. Until 9am when they start SCREAMING at the pool for some aerobics or something a few times a week. Or they have "movie night" with the sound turned way up from 7 to 10pm - or they have a music thing all day one or two days at the pool with an irritating guy on a mike. My idea of relaxation is COOL BREEZES and QUIET. I'm perfectly happy with the sounds of kids laughing and playing at the pool mixed with my sea breezes and patio drinks. I'm NOT cool with hotel provided "entertainment" dominating my ability to use the patio, sleep with the windows open, etc....especially late in the evening and early in the AM. Talk about a jarring wake up....lovely breezes, gentle wake up, and then BOOM you're in a darn aerobics class surround sound...involuntarily.
This rating would go higher if they would simply SHUT UP and let people relax and entertain themselves. The movie night could EASILY be set up to face the other way (ie sit at beach not at pool to watch) and then the sound would be greatly reduced.

4. There are no screens in the windows or most doors. This means to get the lovely sea air you must tolerate bugs. That to me is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE at a resort of this caliber. This must be addressed. If I wanted to sit around with the windows closed I could stay home. Seriously, I actually like this resort but this factor combined with the noise was a real downer.

5. They seem to be allowing a bit more of a rowdy crowd. In the room right below us....were a group of at LEAST 5 adult males in their early 20's partying and making LOUD obnoxious noises off their balcony until 4am. It took 3 calls....but management finally did succeed in getting them to shut up. I don't mean sitting on their patio and having drinks and talking too loud...like I said, I'm only 39 and enjoy a good time myself. But this was like hanging off the balcony and SCREAMING like a marine "uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" at the top of their lungs HUNDREDS of times. Like, they were at a frat party. And NOTHING WAS DONE for 36 hours by security despite 2 phone calls and a personal visit to the front desk by me.
On Monday morning (our third morning there) I got a call from someone saying they were the manager and saying they had handled it and they promised to be quiet. And it was quiet after that...finally. However, it took WAY too long for this to go down...I was close to going and knocking on their door and having a conversation with them myself. The front desk seemed sympathetic but powerless to help me. I spoke to a security guy who kind of shrugged at me like "yeah they are some young guys". I was displeased it took so long for action to be taken. I got the feeling that the boss was not around and no one here knew what to do until the Monday morning 2 days later.

So - - this IS a significant update to my review from 2012.

I hope this info is helpful.

6. Last but not least....the TV channels are a joke. We own a timeshare at the neighboring Simpson Bay Marina and it's hands down better. Moving here we lost HGTV, Showtime and Showtime 2, etc. Also, during the week channels disappeared from the lineup and the screen said they needed to pay the bill or resubscribe or something. Not that TV is why you come here but if you have a young kid it comes in handy at night.....just saying...for a "premium" resort these kind of challenges are not to be expected.

Room Tip: My tip would be to get a room at the FAR ENDS of the resort (not in the center) so you are not right over the pool. Too darn noisy, if they would modify their way of doing things I would retract this statement. Because it IS quite lovely to see. But, it's too loud with RESORT activity generated noise pollution.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Sean J
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Got a great deal on hotels.com for a 2 br condo overlooking gorgeous calm beach and 60 awesome sailboats. All rooms are ocean view, across the street from restaurants/bars, next to the drawbridge so you can see the mega-yachts, and in the heart of Simpson Bay. Although, when we bought a $25. bag of moldy tasting frozen cooked shrimp, the owner of the resort's deli wouldn't accommodate us in the least. He didn't even ask our name or what room we were in. What happened to the customer is always right? Hasn't he heard of the Internet and how something like this could sully the resort's reputation? Fortunately, after leaving word for the resort manager, we were offered a special treat that was above and beyond what they had to do. Thank you to the manager for understanding how to treat customers. We loved the gift!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sll6568
diamondresorts, Manager at Royal Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your words of appreciation - we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us and the views, the apartment and the helpfulness of our team were all to your satisfaction. We are relieved that the initial disappointment with the deli was corrected immediately. We hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this resort! Everyone was friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable with a gourmet kitchen...has everything you need! Views were amazing with patio and large windows overlooking the ocean and sailboats!
Resort has a mixture of nationalities among guests (we like to get away from Americanized resorts when we leave the States). Not too many kids. Plenty of beach space with cabanas and chairs. Lots of beach bars, restaurants, shops, markets within minutes walking distance. Public buses (vans) take you anywhere for $1-$2. Not worth getting a taxi. We went to Sunset Beach Bar to watch the planes land/take off. It was more entertaining watching the tourists get sandblasted!
Would definitely stay here again...headed to Anguilla today...stay tuned for another review from Anguilla Guest House!

• Stayed: March 2013