“Perfect for everyone, amazing property and staff”

Chapman Valley Horse Riding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Australia's favourite place to go for horse riding! Visit our website for all ride options and more information. Located on the Putty Road on the edge of the Hunter Valley, Chapman Valley Horse Riding is a leisurely 2 hour drive from Sydney. Ranked #1 in NSW for Horse Riding, they offer the widest range of horse rides in Australia - ranging from 1 hour trail rides to a full day in the saddle and cater for all levels of experience. Featuring some of the quietest horses in Australia, CVHR works hard to ensure their horses are well trained, willing and responsive to their rider so you can sit back and enjoy your ride in comfort.
“Perfect for everyone, amazing property and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Came here with my partner on a two day stint in the region and this was such a brilliant way to spend the morning. This is a really nice family-owned riding business. I had never ridden before and my partner had as had others in the group. The social environment was so friendly with the staff answering questions, teaching anyone interested in learning further, and there was never any pressure to try anything you weren't sure about!

The horses and property were beautiful and we can't wait to come back.

Sydney, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“What A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Best horse riding experience we've had. Greeted by a lovely couple (Jess & Greg) who clearly care for their horses & the experience their customers enjoy. The horses were perfect, looked great, allowed the rider to control & seemed to enjoy the trek too.
Dusty, Bundy, Mellody & Pippa (yes the horses) will be remembered for a long time. My children are still bouncing around 3 hours later.
Jess & Greg certainly accommodated the various degrees of experience from my children with no fear & constantly asking to canter to my wife who was less than enthusiastic about picking up some pace.
Highly recommended & we'll definitely be going back.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

it was an awesome experience...nice place, manageable horses, pleasant weather, cute kangaroos hopping here and there and ufcourse great guide. worth doing...

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome Day - great Horses, GREAT people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

we had the most AWESOME horse riding experience last Saturday at Chapman Horse riding with Jess and Greg (the owners), there were 4 of us and we had them to ourselves last Saturday afternoon.
My Husband came and he has NEVER been horse riding, I really didnt think he would go, but he did and whats more because of the professional assessment of Jess he had the exact right horse and whats more thoroughly enjoyed it!
The ride was 2 hours but we arrived early and we got back a bit later so we had a good 2 and and half hrs of riding through awesome bushland and up hiils and through eucalypt forests and grazing country, the horses were wonderful and we enjoyed the whole ride - the fact that our hosts (Jess and Greg) were so friendly, talkative and informative made the experience special.
I had a hand injury early in the year and the ride had been a present from my step children from last December, they had brought coupons on Scoupon and Jess was amazing about fitting us in after my several Months of physiotherapy - THANKS Jess :-), she didnt have to honour the coupons but she did!
The best thing is that Jess and Greg are awesome but also the horses are well schooled, well cared for and not 'jaded' from constant lessons - these horses do regular rides but are willing and well schooled - evidenced by my Husbands great experience, he even had a trot and canter!
I would highly recommend ANYONE of whatever experience with horses to indulge in this experience, everything was enhanced due to the well schooled horses and the security of the very caring and responsible owners.
DO give it a go - its the best! I grew up riding but being older now (50+) i havent had the opportunity living in Sydney to indulge and this was such a great way to re-connect - thanks Jess and Greg!
we had the most awesome day:-)
Tanya and Mark Ellis

Sydney
“Had an amazing time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my first time riding a horse, the horses were all really gentle and good natured. I was on Bundy...he really enjoyed the carrots we bought along for him. Highly recommend to others no matter if your an experienced or a beginner rider. Lots of fun! Thank you!

Visited October 2013