“Camp and horse ride”

Chapman Valley Horse Riding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Australia's favourite place to go for horse riding! Visit our website for all ride options and more information. Located on the Putty Road on the edge of the Hunter Valley, Chapman Valley Horse Riding is a leisurely 2 hour drive from Sydney. Ranked #1 in NSW for Horse Riding, they offer the widest range of horse rides in Australia - ranging from 1 hour trail rides to a full day in the saddle and cater for all levels of experience. Featuring some of the quietest horses in Australia, CVHR works hard to ensure their horses are well trained, willing and responsive to their rider so you can sit back and enjoy your ride in comfort.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have just spent two nights camping here and we also had a two hour horse ride on our last day.

The campsite is very rural and set in some fantastic grounds - we really did feel 'out in the sticks', which was exactly what we were after.

The horse ride was fantastic. It was a brilliant way to see the countryside and we thoroughly enjoyed the horses as well as learning from our guide, Jess, about the local fauna and flora - a 'wooden pear' is far more interesting than an edible one.

The people were lovely and really relaxed about everything - makes such a difference to go riding with a friendly and sociable guide.

We will certainly come back again.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"muster"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Chapman valley horse riding was great. I had a 2 hr ride with my dad on two absolutely wonderful horses. There was a lot to see along the way and riding amongst cows was a great experience. Jess, the guide was also very friendly and we both enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Good place to ride.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our guide really made the day, she was friendly, informative and helpful. My sister is confident on horses and I am not so we were matched to horses that suited this so we both had a good time.

The property is beautiful and it is a family property and is a working property which was very interesting. The location is very quiet which gives the perfect atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend and will be going again sometime soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

These guys taught me to ride! The property is a breathtaking mix of open farmland and mountainous bush trails with some great unspoilt views. The horses were very calm and weren't bothered by my novice riding skill at all, and i could go as fast as I wanted always with the advice and helpful hints! I timed my visit right and got to help with some droving as well!