“Cozy, Clean, and Comfortable”

Zuber's Homestead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience staying at this beautiful hotel in cold, snowy December. Our first floor room was warm and cozy, and the holiday decorations throughout made it feel as though we were spending the night in the home of good friends. Breakfast was delicious and truly over the top. I can't imagine a nicer place to stay, and we definitely plan to go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My daughter stayed in this wonderful, old inn style hotel in Homestead, Iowa and were charmed with our room, the Wild Rose. All of the rooms have individual themes and are able to be viewed on their website. The Wild Rose was on the second floor, which involves climbing a staircase that is old style, a bit narrow, good railings though. It was clean, even the corners of the bathroom were clean, and the mattresses were firm and provided an excellent sleep. The breakfast served was Amana style, good breakfast casserole, fresh fruit and oatmeal, which is part of the room cost. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast/hotel to everyone wishing to visit the Amana Colonies.

Room Tip: View their website to see how the rooms are decorated and which ones have mini refrigerators, if nee...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We just arrived home from Amana Colonies, November 10, 2013. Wonderful place!!
Stayed ay Zuber's Homestead Hotel, very nice. Clean, comfy and quiet. I thought we were the only tenants that night. But at breakfast we saw several other couples. Breakfast was delicious and I took a coffee to go. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I think any room would be great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights while visiting the Amana Colonies in Iowa. It was recommended to us by our daughter who had visited with a group of her friends as a weekend getaway. While here we witnessed a group of seniors who were having a great time enjoying breakfast together and preparing for the activities they were going to enjoy that day. They would gather again in the evening for cards and games. This is the perfect spot if you are considering this area of Iowa. There are 15 rooms of different configurations. Our room was quite large with a queen bed that was most comfortable. Breakfast was light but filling. The staff was most accommodating. The hotel is charming as it is in an old building in a quiet village.
There is an outside area to be enjoyed also if weather permits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Zuber's once a year for the last 5 years, we totally love the themed rooms. The rooms are very clean and they have the best beds I have ever slept in. Everyone that works at the hotel is very friendly and kind. We feel that the breakfast has been lacking the last couple of year but it is still worth having. We will be back every year!

Room Tip: Every room has been amazing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at Zuber's and I can say without a doubt that it is one of the best places to stay while visiting the Amana area. Not only was the room awesome but the morning breakfast was the absolute best. I can't imagine having a better to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My sister and I spent the night here on July 24th. What a nice place to stay. It's homey and quiet and the people who work there are so nice! We arrived late due a delay in our flight into Cedar Rapids and the lady at the desk helped us to our room and shortly afterwards brought us some fresh homemade iced tea.
Breakfast the next morning was all homemade and absolutely delicious!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites
The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
#1 of 37 in Cedar Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport

Been to Zuber's Homestead Hotel? Share your experiences!