“Nice option for Harlan”

Settle Inn & Suites Harlan
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harlan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our family has stayed here a number of times over the past three years for family events/business. It was certainly a welcome addition to the hotel options in Harlan. The rooms are clean and the staff is courteous. The pool is small but enjoyable and our rooms have been quiet. It is nice to have a refrigerator in the rooms. We signed up to get e-mail offers and almost always are able to get some kind of discount on our room. The breakfast is nice as we often don't have time to go out. There is always cereal, juice, bagels, bread, limited pastries, and you can make waffles. If they are busy they also have biscuits and gravy.

The only issue we have had with them is online reservations. Sometimes we book by phone or in person, and we have had successful online bookings. However, twice our online booking was miscommunicated and we ended up on a waiting list, or in a different room. So I would recommend verifying your online reservation with the manager via phone to be on the safe side.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lovtorun

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The rooms were very clean and cozy. The staff were very helpful. A beautiful location just a stones throw away from the interstate. Would definitely recommend to anyone who happens to be passing through the area. They also offer chocolate chip cookies!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gracie W
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing fancy, but I was pretty impressed. Good points: friendly staff, very clean and tidy, comfortable mattress, decent breakfast. I'm not a fan of the sink not being in the bathroom, but that's just me. Not-so-good points: two double beds as opposed to a queen or king, my breakfast biscuit was raw dough inside (but the done part was good, as well as the gravy; when I threw my un-done parts away, I noticed others in the trash, so I'm guessing mine wasn't the only one), our rooom was on the first floor about midway down the hall and we heard every kid who ran by enroute to the pool...sounded like a train going through. Once things settled down for the night, it was quite peaceful. Bring your own hair conditioner as shampoo is all that's provided. All things considered, I'd stay here again. Seems like a good place in a nice town.

Room Tip: Away from the pool might be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hoosierhusker
Reviewed February 17, 2012

12 miles off the I 59 located on route 44 the Settle Inn is a newer clean hotel. Breakfast is cerial , toast and waffles. They have a pool, no hot tub, nice showers, coffeemakers, hair dryers, ironing boards, fridges , microwaves and flatscreen TVs. The pillows are bad and the mattress are not too bad a little hard. Maid service is friendly and trustworthy. Overall a good stay. I was here a week and rented the conf room. I would return.

Room Tip: NO ELEVATOR, pick downstairs room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank treasurebuyer
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was OK. I have stayed in worse. My only real complaint would be the hallways and my room smelled like stale smoke. Other than that the room was fine and the breakfast was good. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites Harlan, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

I am so sorry for the problem you encountered on your stay. December 2012 our hotel became a smoke free facility ~ we shouldn't have to experience unpleasant odors any longer. But, please, if you do smell smoke, let the front desk staff know so we can deal with any guest that is not respecting the non-smoking policy. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Nice clean & comfortable hotel. Resonably priced Not much for dining in the area. except for fast food. The harlan golf course offed good meals

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had a large group of famlies who stayed here while attending a family reunion event in Harlan. The location was convenient. All staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel provided us with a nice meeting room so that we could gather for breakfasts without overwhelming the other guests. Although the pool is small it is functional and clean. Although, if you are serious about swimming and a workout, everyone who visited the nearby wellness center was very enthused about their offerings. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed. The only minus in my opinion was the location of the sink which was located out of the bathroom and more or less juet off the entrance in the main room. Also, for some reason our room felt damp even though the AC was on. It was cool but it felt like everything was wet, strange. Some of our group mentioned the same observation while others did not notice it in their rooms. The breakfast bar is pretty plain. Waffles was about as fancy as it got. This is more or less a grab and go breakfast. For something more substantial, check out the other local breakfast joints. Overall, it was a great value and served our purposes well.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, in summer the second floor tends to run warm.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SAMT2002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlan
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
Super 8 Walnut
Super 8 Walnut
#1 of 1 in Walnut
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic

Been to Settle Inn & Suites Harlan? Share your experiences!