“Great Hotel, Great Price!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grinnell
“Great Hotel, Great Price!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here and the rooms were in wonderful condition and very clean. The staff were very nice. The price was very reasonable. The shower was great, and the bed was comfy. I would definitely stay here again. Just make sure you tell them you didn't use the safe at checkout to get your refund.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sarahut
AnthonyGMGrinnell, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you found everything just how you’re expected form us here at the Comfort Inn in Grinnell Ia. It is very nice to hear the nice things that you enjoyed about our establishment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
La Junta, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nothing is worse than driving 7 hours and looking forward to a relaxing stay only to find out that your room is hot & dusty, the toilet not cleaned and previous visitors hair in the bath. The pool looked unhygenic with stuff on the water surface and the hot top had dirt at the bottom. We didn't even consider trying them!
The breakfast looked pathetic & I skipped it - I don't know why Americans put up with this junk that is supposed to be "continental" but if the cleaning of the other parts of the hotel was bad I wasn't going to endanger my health by consuming food handled on the premises. One bright spot - the cleaning staff woman really went out of her way to make sure we were satisfied with our 2nd room after switching from the dirty one.
Grinnell has limited options so maybe try another town along the interstate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DrCheese
AnthonyGMGrinnell, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I apologize for the presentation of the Hotel during your stay here at the Comfort Inn. I will make every effort to make sure that the problems you have mentioned are taken fixed and maintained. I hope that you give us another chance to prove our standards to you.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The young man managing the hotel provided excellent service from the moment we checked in. He wasn't sure if our room was clean yet because we checked in relatively early and so he went to check it out first. The room was very comfortable and nice and easy to access, which was very helpful because I was travelling with two people who have some difficulty walking long distances. The food was great in the morning and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again if I go to Grinnell again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AnthonyGMGrinnell, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survery. We will use this information to make sure we are always improving out guest stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's rare in these days of penny-pinching that you have a totally positive experience with any business. I did have one of these experiences recently at this property. It served to bolster my confidence in Comfort Inns as they understood perfectly what business travelers value. quick and courteous service, clean and comfortable room, comfortable bed, a myriad of choices on a large-screen, high-definition TV, comfortable shower with reasonable water pressure and a tasty hot breakfast in the AM. Check positive in every column. I was so impressed I asked to see the GM and the new GM, Anthony Seu, introduced himself and asked if everything was satisfactory. I said Yes and then some. I thanked him for a totally enjoyable and relaxing stay and assured him I would return, given the opportunity. Tichiganblues

Green Features: I'm supportive and encourage Hotels to follow these practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AnthonyGMGrinnell, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will deffinatly be sharing your response with my staff and we hope that rest of your trip to the west coast was as enjoyable and satisfactory as your stay with us.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here while attending a college graduation at Grinnell College. While we usually opt to stay at other hotel chains or upscale boutiques when traveling, ( this was the top choice of only a handful of hotels in the tiny quaint town of Grinnell). I was very pleased and pleasantly surprised with our stay. To put it in perspective, Comfort Inn is not a 5 star luxury property, but I rated this 5 star for the overall experience- not for the food, amenities or bedding etc...

The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. A special shout out to Anthony who manages the breakfast buffet. He was constantly checking and restocking the buffet. I really noticed his demonstration of patience and willingness to assist patrons -especially the pushy and overbearingly demanding ones. Great customer service kudos to him!

The rooms are spacious, clean and updated. Bathroom is roomy as well. Just a note, the water here is SOFT so don't be alarmed if you think shampoo is still in your hair. It is not, the water is just very soft which is a positive thing for your skin.

Overall, this Comfort Inn provided a great experience - ideal for a comfortable, clean and adequate place to "lay your head."

BTW, if you have time while visiting Grinnell, take a day trip to Pella which is approx. 45 minutes away. Pella, IA was founded by Dutch immigrants so the town is fashioned as such complete with tulips, windmills and plenty of scrumptious Dutch pastries.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JulieGMGrinnell, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your visit for the Grinnell Graduation. I am glad that you enjoyed your day and our hotel. Please feel to contact us if you have any other questions.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very friendly staff; breakfast is okay (eggs very watery;) room very clean; beds very comfortable; stayed in the handicap room, which I think was too tight for a wheelchair; we were there for college graduation and the price was almost double of normal;

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel, I have made note of the issue with the handicap room as well as the breakfast and will address your concerns. I appreciate your time in completing this survey and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
TERRE HAUTE
Reviewed April 12, 2014

What a wonderful 4 nights I had at the Comfort Inn. The staff is amazing friendly and helpful. Julie, the manager, could not have done more than if she were a personal assistant. Room was large and bed was comfortable. Bathroom was also large. Only nitpicky note is that the towels could be a bit thicker and softer. However, it is the best place to stay if visiting Grinnell.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter.