Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell
$109
$76
$59
$66
All reviewsfree breakfasteggsfront desk staffshort driveany requestsnice quiet hotelrooms were very cleanqueen suitehome away from homeexcellent staywater pressurestaff was very friendlysleeper sofadefinitely stay here againdes moinescollege visitpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very nice hotel for a couple of nights stay. Beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good (make your own waffles). They even added hot scrambled eggs since the last visit. The hotel and rooms were clean and very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Positive comments make the job worthwhile to make our guests comfortable and welcome.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very clean and quiet. The public computer in the business center worked well and had a fast Internet connection. The breakfast was fine, the dining room clean and pleasant. They had copies of the New York Times which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peachesnpears

Thank you for your comments, they are quite helpful in maintaining the quality that our guests look for.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a fabulous off the freeway hotel. Comfortable bed. What I really liked was that the curtains kept the room dark in the morning. I've stayed on the road a bit lately and often the sunshine wakes me up in the morning. Not here. The maids were quiet in the hall so we slept in blissfully. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie K
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear you were able to get a good nights rest. As someone who often travels myself, I agree the curtains that block the light make a big difference in the room, plus a comfortable mattress is a must as well! Hope to see you again when you're back through the area. Safe travels!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Grinnell while dropping my daughter off at college. Our stay was on August 23 for 4 nights, and we brought our dog. I don't know that I've ever stayed at a Comfort Suites before, but I was pleasantly surprised! I'm always a little nervous at "dog friendly" hotels (yes we have a dog, but she's hypoallergenic and flea free) some of them are a little run down, but the Comfort Suites was very clean, I couldn't tell that there had been dogs staying there! We were on the 3rd floor (which is not typically a dog floor, but I have a child who is sensitive to the strong chemicals that are used to clean a room after a dog stay), in a 2 queen suite, which was a large double queen room with a microwave and small fridge and a second room with pull out queen couch and another microwave and small fridge. Both rooms had large flat screened tv's, there was only one bathroom however. the room was great tons of space, VERY CLEAN and quiet (I'm sure the hotel was full but we couldn't hear our neighbors)! The breakfast at the hotel was good, and it's a very short drive to the town and it's fabulous restaurants! I would also like to add how friendly and helpful the front desk staff was!! They were awesome!! They directed us to great restaurants ( and one lady even offered to babysit our dog if we needed her too)!!I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I recommend the third floor double queen suite if you are travelling with family, it's very spacious! We were on the front corner and didn't really have any trouble with the street noise!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We take our cleaning very seriously and even more serious in pet friendly rooms. I'm glad the accommodations you had worked out well with your family. We are all dog lovers here, so we LOVE to babysit any dog in need. Dogs are amazing animals and truly brighten our day. Thanks for visiting! See you during your next visit!!

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is clean, clean , clean!! I love it when it doesn't smell like smoke has been anywhere near the place! And with some of these chain hotels... You never know!! This one is good.
Breakfast is as expected and free! Pool is clean and as expected. Rooms are clean, updated decor, tv works, fridge in room, dvd player and comfy beds!

Choose this hotel and earn rewards too!

• Stayed: September 2012
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I love your first line "Hotel is clean, clean , clean!!". This will brighten our housekeepers day! We strive for a clean hotel and pride ourselves on a great team to help us reach our goals. Thank you again!!