“Clean & Convenient for Fair Price”

Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Grinnell
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is clean, clean , clean!! I love it when it doesn't smell like smoke has been anywhere near the place! And with some of these chain hotels... You never know!! This one is good.
Breakfast is as expected and free! Pool is clean and as expected. Rooms are clean, updated decor, tv works, fridge in room, dvd player and comfy beds!

Choose this hotel and earn rewards too!

• Stayed: September 2012
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I love your first line "Hotel is clean, clean , clean!!". This will brighten our housekeepers day! We strive for a clean hotel and pride ourselves on a great team to help us reach our goals. Thank you again!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here while settling our child into college. It was fine...but hard to say it was any better than that. The rooms were clean, the beds relatively comfortable, pool was clean and of a reasonable temperature, and the breakfast choices decent. (I've learned one should not expect too much from these breakfasts. This one had yogurt and hard boiled eggs--a plus!--but I'm always disappointed in the quality of the bread.) But the air conditioning was outrageously loud as it cycled on and off throughout the night--sounded like the fan was unbalanced. No shampoo or conditioner--amenities that I've come to count on in this era of no liquids in carry-on luggage. Wifi--FREE!!--was inconsistent in the room. Front desk staff were hard to come by at times. Nothing terrible--but also nothing to distinguish it from all the other hotels of this type.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your sincere feedback. I'm very sorry for the AC issue and the lack of shampoo and lotion. I will definitely bring these items to the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping department. You are right, it's very important to stand out as hotel among the others. We are all so alike in many ways, but attention detail and great customer service is where we can all be noticed. Your feedback will be a great learning tool for my staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments with me!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Grinnell was an outstanding value. It is a new hotel so the rooms were up to date and spotlessly clean. Our king size bed was comfortable and had several pillow choices. We used the fitness center after a full day of driving Route 80 and found it satisfactory with several choices of equipment... nothing fancy but it worked. The breakfast room was lovely and the buffet was supplied with the standard chain hotel breakfast items. The staff was welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad to hear that you were welcomed by our staff. We want our hotel to feel like a home away from home. We pride ourselves on ensuring our hotel is clean and inviting for all of our guests. Plus, we just like an excuse to make fresh baked cookies everyday! A warm cookie always hits the spot after a long day! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed here in the past and each time it is a wonderful experience. Hotel room nice and clean. Two queens, had a refrigerator & microwave, and small table. Breakfast nook had a nice spread of food (though as gluten free, I bring my own bread and cereal). Misc coffees, yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles, bagels/donuts.

Entry way/lobby, has carts for luggage, separate 'den' area near lobby with computer for client use.

My only complaint: pool water was chilly--and really, that's something so minor, isn't it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled you continue to enjoy staying with us! Good note on the pool. We had some work done to it and will adjust the temperature so it isn't chilly. Also, regarding gluten free options. We have been able to find a yogurt that is gluten free, but have struggled finding other options with our food distributor. We are always looking for ideas, as gluten free is becoming more common and we would like to offer options for those individuals with that specific need. Thank you again for the suggestions!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I highly recommend the Comfort Inn & Suites in Grinnell. I stayed here for the NASCAR race at the Iowa Speedway 15 miles down the road. It was the closest hotel that still had a few rooms a couple of weeks before the race. We were able to check in at 12:30 pm even though check-in time isn't until 3:30. Rooms are very nice and big. Beds very comfortable, bathroom was big as well w/ very good water pressure in the shower. Nice, hot breakfast buffet w/ biscuits & gravy, eggs, 2 waffle irons, hot coffee, 2 juices, and milk and an assortment of bagels, toast & English muffins. Didn't use the pool/hot tub but the area was very clean and towels well stocked.
The only reason I'm not giving this an excellent review is they wouldn't give us the AAA discount upon checking in. Front desk clerk said they couldn't because of the race. Room rates were jacked up for it. What is normally an $80/night room was $150 ($169 w/ taxes).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely do our best to help accommodate early checks ins, I'm glad we could get you in early. Makes coming back later that night more relaxing.

Thank you again! Hope to see you again for the next race!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good hotel, very helpful staff, beds were comfortable,walls paper thin but had a quiet night. Shower tub was extremely high for people with leg problems. For dinner, definitely eat at the Peppertree Depot where the food and atmosphere was great.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor for little noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I loved that you mentioned the Peppertree at the Depot. It is definitely one of my favorites as well. During your next visit with us, you may want to try a handicap king room. It has a shorter tub ledge or we have a room with a roll in shower as well. That may be easier to get in and out of.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I would recommend the Comfort Inn and Suites in Grinnell Iowa to any one. The motel is very clean, very good breakfast, and the personal are very cooperative and friendly. I would stay there every chance I would get. I thank the workers and all there for every thing they did for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 92Janice
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. It's amazing to see how each person and department truly make a difference. Without them, we couldn't be successful. And without you, we wouldn't have a reason.

Thank you for your business and for your support. We truly appreciate it!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grinnell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
#3 of 6 in Grinnell
Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell? Share your experiences!