“Army Reunion at Grinnel Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grinnell
ipswich
“Army Reunion at Grinnel Comfort Inn”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were very happy with the accomandations in your Comfort Inn. The staff, from the manager to the housekeepping people were great. Some of these former army men had not seen each other for over 50 years. They wanted a place to be stay and get reaqainted again. The Grinnell Comfort Inn provided a wonderful 3 days of an at home feeling. Thank you for being there for all 25 of us. 41st engineers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sophie l
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Your group was so much fun! Everyone enjoyed talking with them, even other guests in the hotel! The best part was when the guys saw each other for the first time in 50 years! It truly brought tears to your eyes.

We truly appreciate everything the veterans and their families have sacrified and done for our Country, so we may all live free! Thank you and God bless!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A solid choice for off the interstate stay. Better than many other comfort inns i've stayed in. Staff was helpful, rooms were spacious comfortable, and clean. Just what you're looking for lon a road trip, but don't always get.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations pleasing. We continue to strive for excellance and truly appreciate your comments. I hope we get to see you again on your next road trip through Iowa!!

Have a wonderful summer!
Decorah, IA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and find it always friendly and clean. I was given a King Suite last week and very much enjoyed the expansiveness of this room. There is a good variety for breakfast and it has always been good. I'm not a 'pool person' so can't review that. There's a nice patio off the swimming pool that's got plenty of seating.

Room Tip: There's some traffic noise in the front of the motel, so you may want to ask for a room off the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Our team works hard everyday to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and provide friendly service, as well ensure the hotel is in tip top shape!!!

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!

Safe Travels!
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Nice place, clean, big rooms and quiet. They'd get 5 stars if they used duvets or double sheeted the blanket. They said it was next on their improvement list, they have just replaced all TVs with
HD flat screens. A little pricy, but Comfort Inn is running a promo that gives you a free night after staying 2 places, so it was worth the $100 for the room
Nice place for pets, with ample areas for doggies to walk.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are thrilled to have all of our new 32" flat panel TVs installed, the guests are really loving them! Yes, we are also excited for the new bedding program. We love what we have, but enjoy having the property constantly updated and refreshed.

Thank you again!!
Kansas
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We arrived later than planned & the staff worked well with our group. My room was great. It was clean, large, comfortable, and had a refrigerator. The internet worked well. Only complaint about the room would be the walls were thin. I could hear the neighbor's TV and conversations easily...not what was said, just voices. The breakfast was very good. Many choices of hot items as well as the standard cold foods offered at most hotels. The parking lot was small & didn't go around the building. Large vehicles have to park out on the street....do not pull into the parking lot unless you are confident in backing out of it. There's no room to turn around or park if your vehicle is large or you're towing anything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Love your comment header "stormy April Weekend 2012". Wow, what a storm that blew in that night! I'm so happy everyone made it safe and sound. We are sending many prayers to those who were negatively impacted by the storms.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I do apologize for not getting the information to you that our parking lot did not wrap around the hotel. Your comments are a great reminder that the little things make a big difference!

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a wild and windy weekend and glad you found your way to us! If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thank you again!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have been traveling to Grinnell for the past several years on a regular basis to visit my son who attends Grinnell College. The staff is so friendly and helpful!!! The hotel is the newest one in Grinnell. Rooms are always so clean, beds are very comfortable...and I love all the extra pillows. I can't imagine a better place to stay in Grinnell.

Room Tip: I always like the top floor on the back side of the hotel which looks out across the fields.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you for your sincere feedback. Our staff was very excited to read your comments! Everyone at the hotel has an unmatched dedication to ensure we have the best customer service, maintain a beautiful hotel and most of all make our guests feel like family. Because to us, our guests are our extended family. Without you, we couldn't do what we love to do! Thank you!!
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have been traveling to Grinnell for business and picked the Comfort Inn for my first stay out of the 5 or 6 hotels within a few blocks. I have looked no further since discovering them. I run a cleaning company and I tend to be very picky on the cleanliness of my room and the whole hotel. I have been very happy here! Very friendly staff and very accomodating to my needs. I reccommend to anyone traveling on business as well as families! My first contact was Chris R. at the front desk and she is top-notch!

Room Tip: All rooms I have had have been quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate it! Everyone will be delighted to see your comments, including our housekeeping team. We strive to have clean rooms and the friendliest staff around.

Thank you from all of us at the Comfort Inn & Suites!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grinnell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
Days Inn Newton
#3 of 8 in Newton
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
Best Western Holiday Manor Newton

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell? Share your experiences!