“right along the train track”
Review of The Peppertree

The Peppertree
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Grinnell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Good food, and you get to watch the trains roaring past along the old Rock Island line.

1  Thank chadbrule

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I always enjoy going to The Peppertree. The food's great and the staff's nice. It is definitively one of the best and classy restaurants in town! I usually get seated promptly but on busier nights it might take awhile which is understandable it's not like I'm at McD's. But the wait is always well worth it!

2  Thank 112,345
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was told that there was new management and that the ribeye was great. I was there for a business meeting in the bar area. The bartenders and servers were very attentive and I had a great ribeye, it tasted almost sweet! We had a very experienced server who even brought me a drink sample when I mentioned it as she had not had experience with it herself. Love all the glass in the bar area, enjoyed the occasional train going by (at the other end of the building so not disruptive to us). Enjoyed the outdoor seating prior to our meal. Highly recommend giving it another try if you have been there and was disappointed before.

1  Thank Bowhuntress
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This restaurant has two sections - a sunny, new area which is filled with flat screened TV's and an older brick, train depot section. The food is fine but unimaginative - our waiter was fantastic.

1  Thank critic735
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Just had a delicious lunch with a very minimal time wait today. Our server is a pro and has been a regular server at some of the town's restaurants. Word is that the service has been addressed by the owner and improvements made. Give it another chance. I know I will. This is a wonderful building and location and it would be a shame to see another restaurant fail. The food is really, really delicious.

2  Thank pesp