“Lunch was lovely”

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Grimes
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stop in for lunch.... Very lovely time and the staff was very friendly and the food was fab! I had a great summer salad.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We sent Sunday evening - we ordered the halibut and petite filet. We started with the crab cake apetitzer and drinks at the bar. The crab cakes were excellent. Boyfriend ordered a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, the waitress carried the olives to the kitchen in her hand and after stuffed, brought them back out in her hand along with a radish with a very wilted top. Proceeded to hold them in her hand while she fished out a pick to put them on.
We then went to the dining room and ordered dinner. The bread they provide is delicious. Boyfriend ordered a bottle of wine from Chile - he received a completely different bottle of wine, which you can buy at Hy-vee for half the price. For fine dining, when do you serve water in a plastic Pepsi cup - what happened to glass? Boyfriend stated the halibut was excellent - it wasn't over spiced or overbreaded but who doesn't serve fresh lemon with fresh fish. My steak was cooked to perfection, however, they were out of the bernaise sauce and so opted for the debergo sauce, which had no flavor. However, the "fresh" vegetables had alot of seasoning - like way too much. When I asked, was advised that these were not "fresh" vegetables and then they season them. They were gross, to say the least.
Since when do you pay $20.00 for a meal and don't get a salad. The waiter was okay, too busy worrying about closing up but, he did try to make things right.
Ordered 2 desserts - the italian wedding cake was out of this world but the creme brulee tasted like it was spoiled - it was a weird color and tasted awful but the waiter never came back to the table so we could inquire as to when it was made.
My meal with tip came to $133.00 and I can tell you it was definitely not worth it.
I will not be going there again.

2  Thank Penny A
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Being a veteran event planner for State, Federal and non-profit events, I highly recommend The Radish Dining and Catering of Grimes. The owners of the establishment go out of their way to make your event surpass your expectations in quality, quantity and presentation. "You get what you pay for" if you go to a buffett you have the chance of older, colder prepared phone that may have been pre-packaged. The Radish is fresh and was worth the investment to ensure presentation matches or surpasses my client expectations!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We drove into Grimes looking for The Corn Patch, but it was closed. So we chose The Radish, which we had noticed on the way into town. The restaurant's decor is cute; however, we were not impressed with the meals. The food is good--average--but not worth the high prices. I also felt the food was a bit expensive--the value did not match the cost. After the waitress's recommendation, I ordered the Almond Chicken Finger Salad and was disappointed by the aged lettuce with browned edges. Additionally, the chicken fingers themselves were not crispy, and I struggled to find many almonds. My partner ordered the cannelloni, which was good but not rival to local Italian restaurants. Also, it appeared to be drenched in oil. The wait staff was kind but frazzled--perhaps understaffed?

1  Thank Coquette07
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A unique restaurant to visit, a good selection of food. The salads are wonderful and I have never had a bad meal there.