“Great Potato Soup”

Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Grimes
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Potato Soup”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good family restaurant with a warm atmosphere. Food is very good and with generous portions. Friendly help.

WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
“The best thing about this place”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Is the breaded pork tenderloin. It used to be the ONLY place to eat in Grimes, and strangely it's gone downhill since more competition has come to town. The service is earnest if not quick.

Visited September 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Menu states, only complaint is they serve to much food ! NOT”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Although the food was ok, the patty melt was really greasy,soggy, and very small not close to 1/3 lb and cost almost $10.00, Hardee's makes larger one's ! We ordered Onion Rings had to ask for them when my toddler size patty melt arrived, then they were over cooked. Meal cost $30.00 without tip for 2 patty melts,1 hash brown and 1 fry- that came with melted american cheese slice, the OR's and a beer. Go some where else if you have hearty eaters, you may find yourself hitting the McDonalds down the road..... The special is the potato soup I think they expect you to get full on that, I'm sure its made by the gallon's, its least expensive item to feed you.. We don't consider ourselves cheap but this was almost funny, the size of the patty melt. Always pay good for good service and meals

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MicheleLPN
Iowa
“Will not go again.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I took a couple of my staff members there for lunch just to get out of the office for a little bit and we had not been there before. I ordered the club sandwich. The waitress came back and said she did not have enough bread or meat for the sandwich but they could make me a BLT. I said okay. My sandwich came with barely toasted bread, a thin slice of tomato, a huge piece of lettuce and one piece of stringy (yes I said stringy! gross!) bacon. One of the other girls ordered a mushroom and swiss burger. It looked like they had drained a small can of mushroom that you buy at the grocery store and dumped it on the burger. They weren't even hot, just slimey.

BTW the Radish down the street looked busy. We might try them next time.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank KMS07
Grimes, Iowa
“Good food & service”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have eaten here several times and every time the food has been very good. I especially like the breaded turkey tenderloin. It reminds me a lot of the food I ate as a child. Brings back lots of memories.

• Visited April 2012