“Will not go again.”

The Corn Patch Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Grimes
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I took a couple of my staff members there for lunch just to get out of the office for a little bit and we had not been there before. I ordered the club sandwich. The waitress came back and said she did not have enough bread or meat for the sandwich but they could make me a BLT. I said okay. My sandwich came with barely toasted bread, a thin slice of tomato, a huge piece of lettuce and one piece of stringy (yes I said stringy! gross!) bacon. One of the other girls ordered a mushroom and swiss burger. It looked like they had drained a small can of mushroom that you buy at the grocery store and dumped it on the burger. They weren't even hot, just slimey.

BTW the Radish down the street looked busy. We might try them next time.

4  Thank KMS07

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have eaten here several times and every time the food has been very good. I especially like the breaded turkey tenderloin. It reminds me a lot of the food I ate as a child. Brings back lots of memories.

2  Thank NEILinGRIMES
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Best potato soup in greater Des Moines. It's family run and they pride themselves on great food, great service and low prices. The fried chicken puts KFC to shame and the prime rib is every bit as good as the pricey restaurants.

3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The restaurant offered a great option to split one meal, so my husband and I split a steak. With the soup, salad, bread and choice of another side apiece, we were definitely full. Of course, we had to split a piece of their scrumptious cheesecake. Our waiter was the best.

4  Thank starbeck90
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I love the fact that you get a big tourine of homemade potato soup anc baked bread with your meal. The rueben sandwich was excellent. The baked chicken wasn't very exciting. It was cooked to perfection and the coating was crispy, but it lacked in flavor. Ther service was slow, but it appeared there were only 2 waitresses. I would go back again.

2  Thank Cyndeetrek