“Ryder Cup Weekender 6th & 7th July 2013”

Woldingham Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the heart of the countryside in the picturesque Halliloo Valley near Caterham, Woldingham Golf Club is conveniently located close to junction 6 of the M25.The stately clubhouse, in the style of a country mansion, houses a comfortable spike bar with patio area, spacious changing facilities and pro-shop. Wherever you look, there are lovely views of the course and surrounding countryside.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I run a golf society and we wanted to play a Ryder Cup style event over one weekend.
Woldingham was a course we had previously played before for one of our society days and all the players loved the location and the course itself.
We had 20 players of various ability who all played 3 rounds of golf over the Saturday and Sunday and for a small extra cost we had lunch and dinner included.
The course since we first played it had improved which is saying something since it was in great condition the first time we played. The course has a good mixture of well defended and open greens and fairly open fairways. The rough had also been freshly cut down a bit so it really allowed the weaker golfers to put in a serious challenge.
The clubhouse is lovely and the food great. The staff are all very friendly and the greens keeper was very helpful in making sure we always had a enough time to get play going, especially on the Sunday when quite a few of us got trapped on the M25 and arrived late.

All in everyone had a great weekend and Woldingham is definitely a favourite for our society. We will be heading back soon some time no doubt.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Took 14 guys to play a golf day at Woldingham. Course was in fabulous condition and there are some great views from various spots on the course. Greens are well-defended by bunkers so approach shots are challenging but makeable.

The course certainly feels like you're outside of London enjoying a country course, despite being 25 mins from Clapham Junction.

Clubhouse is a good looking building and our round included a cooked breakfast and unlimited tea/coffee before and good quality lasagne was included as lunch after, both of which we enjoyed outside. This and the round was £44 all in. Bar and kitchen staff made sure we had the food as soon as we were ready.

Reception staff were really helpful and friendly and gave us a good deal on buggies too.

Couldn't fault the day, all of our lads really enjoyed it.

1  Thank LozD-London99
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My son's christening reception took place at woldingham golf club on the 7th July. I am an Events Project Manager, so have used many venues all over Europe and the uk.

The venue and staff were fantastic! Organising the reception was made stress free by Angie who was extremely efficient and helpful.

The room was perfect and led onto a balcony with amazing views.

Many of the guests complimented the venue, food and the extremely high standard of service provided by Daniel and his team on the day.

Thank you!

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently held a celebration ball for our staff team at Woldingham Golf Club. It was a special occassion to mark the 10th Anniversary of our Children's Centre being open and I wanted something very special to Thank my fantastic staff team. Angie, my contact at Woldingham was fantastic, I never had to wait long for her to reply to my e-mails, and when I visited to make the final arrangements she made me feel really welcome, even though she was a little unwell on the day. On the day of the ball I arrived to decorate for our 1920's theme and the room was all ready for me. Every member of staff who entered the room while I was there said Good Morning and asked if there was anything I needed (I did, a projector, scissors & menu holders and all arrived really quickly). I arrived an hour before the function was due to start in the evening so that I could greet everyone else on arrival and all the bar staff were already in place, all friendly. When the food arrived it was amazing, delicious, hot, excellent presentation and no waiting. I really can't praise the staff enough and the venue is really lovely for weddings or big functions. Anyone thinking of hiring this venue won't be dissapointed and I also found out they do occasional Sunday Lunches, so we'll definatly be going back for that. I've always thought I had an excellent staff team and the staff at Woldingham certainly matched our standards

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I run a small golf society and for the last 15 years 15 to 20 of us come and played Woldingham. We come in late April, because whatever the weather has been like, and we all know how much it varies, the course is always in good condition, and the greens as good as any around. They are happy to provide whatever package your group and wallet prefer, and are very understanding if there are any last minute alterations. The staff are very efficient and welcoming, and the food is always first class.
We play 7 venues, using a variety of local clubs, but Woldingham is our first point of call, every year.