“Next door and not bad”

Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Wilmette USA
“Next door and not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

There were only 2 other customers for dinner. The menu is interesting and our food was OK. Wine list is limited. My Crab Ravioli was excellent, my wife claimed her Rosemary Chicken was overcooked, but she tends to be finicky. I tasted it and found it AOK.
I'd definitely eat there again.

Visited March 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good food in Fort Madison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Menu has nice variety, nothing fancy but good value and well prepared. Friendly service. Clean and pleasant decor.

Visited September 2012
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
“Trains and boats”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We used to eat here frequently always enjoying watching the trains on the river bank and the boats on the Mississippi. The food has always been good but the service never has been.

“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We cannot why there were so many empty tables at Alpha's. While we expected some slightly more upscale from the name, the food was well prepared and very good. The service was outstanding! The decor is very tasteful and the location is great with views of the Fort Madison riverfront.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank nkizer1
Dallas City, Illinois
“Wow How has Alpha's got so bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I had not been to Alphas for a long time so we decided to go last night. Will never go back FASTFOOD has better service. Place was not busy got seated by bartender had to wait 15 minutes for waitress to come take our order. She did nor say hi just ok what do you want. I ordered Hamburger and fries wife had a Salad. After a 40 minute wait with no word from our server she finaly came out and said they over cooked my sandwich. After anouth 15 minutes got our food. All this time was not asked If we wanted anouther drink or anything. Came to bill time was the same slow slow slow. Had to go to bar to pay bill Bartender was nice took check and was ringing me up Waitress went to table did not see us there saw me standing at bar and started to throw a fit came to bar asked did he take your bill I said yes we are late need to get going. She went and got it from him stile throwing a fit.

Alphas use to be a fine dinning place now its lower the a fastfood resturant. will not be back

• Visited March 2012