“Quiet, decent free breakfast”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fort Dodge
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fort Dodge
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Like all AmericInn hotels, this one was quiet. No hearing someone stomping around above you due to the concrete construction! However, I couldn't turn my fan to "on" so I heard the A/C unit go on and off every two minutes all night. That's really my only complaint. Breakfast was decent - pastries, cereal, eggs/sausage, waffles, etc. I didn't use the pool or fitness room. The ice and vending is on the first floor by the desk - some people complain about that but I never will because I've been stuck in a room close to those before and it's no fun. The internet was fast (although, I was right above the desk). Beds were decent. Pillow selection was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a wedding down in Fort Dodge so we stayed at this hotel for the first time. We had a great stay. Very clean and a super breakfast in the morning. We will for sure stay here next time we're down there.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we were in town for my husband's grandma's funeral. The staff was very nice, the room was clean, the accommodations were spacious and the pool was wonderful! The continental breakfast was yummy! No complaints here!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in August 2012 in a one bedroom suite. The rooms are large, beds are very comfortable. The indoor pool was fun for the kids and the small pub was fun for mommy & daddy. The waffles are better than most hotel variety.

I did have a couple of complaints. Our curtains had a large red stain (hoping it was just pasta sauce). Our room was a little loud, since it overlooked the lobby where the bar spills out into and where they host private functions.

Having stayed in several of the Fort Dodge hotels, this would be my first choice for our next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was my first time staying at an AmericInn (lol on the punny name), and I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed here for two nights in room 219, which is a clean, spacious room with two super-comfy queen beds with plenty of soft pillows, a large desk, nice tv with lots of channels, and free wifi. The bathroom was clean and what you might expect in a chain roadside hotel, but, on the first day, I was surprised to find that they had not included any bath towels; rather, I had to dry off with just hand towels. They corrected this by day two without being told (I had forgotten to mention it), so it appears that it was simply an oversight, and it was refreshing to see that they were on top of things. Though I did not use it, it appears that many other guests truly enjoyed the large, clean indoor pool area. The hotel has a beer & wine bar in the large lobby area, where there are multiple, pleasant seating areas and where a daily continental breakfast is served. All in all, this place is more than your average roadside stopover. If you're in the area, this is likely your best bet for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Quick and efficient check in.
Clean rooms and quiet.
McDonalds within walking distance, about 400 feet and another restaurant same distance.
Due to recent road re-alignment GPS takes you a down the wrong street and you will need to do a u-turn.
Modern HDTV, flat screen.
Only down side is that the pop and ice machine on are in the lobby. None on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Americinn in Fort Dodge a few times and, if anything, it seems to get better with each stay. It is convenient to the west side of town, Iowa Central Community College, the Fort Dodge Fort and Historical Museum, Friendship Haven, and not too far from downtown. Rooms are nice, windows open (always a plus if the weather is good), breakfast is ample, staff pleasant and helpful, and there is a bar (beer and wine) off the lobby with a collection of (!) 8-track tapes. I've never tried the pool/jacuzzi but I've seen a lot of happy families taking advantage of them. Can be a little challenging to find the entry roads to the hotel if you aren't familiar with the area. A nice feature is a reduced rate if you have family in the nearby Friendship Haven/Kenyon Place complex.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family