“Fort Dodge Classic”

Fort Dodge, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fort Dodge Classic”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I always make sure to stop here when I'm back in Dodge, tacos or taco salad with the extra hot sauce and jalapenos.

• Visited June 2014

“Best mexican fast food in town”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We LOVE Taco Tico! We have been going to Taco Tico for years, truly they have the best fast food in town. It really is a family favorite. At times I wish the seating area was a bit bigger because occasionally it can be pretty busy but it really is worth it. I wish there was a Taco Tico in every town.

Algonquin, Illinois
“Lousy, uninspired food. Service was good, though”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm trying extremely hard to stay neutral and centered on all my reviews while here in Eastern Iowa. I recognize a town the size of Ft. Dodge is only going to have so many choices beyond the standard chain stores, like Applebees, Pizza Hut, et al, which is to say there aren't many family run operations. Given that fact, I believe the good people of Fort Dodge have been lulled into believing that bad to mediocre food is "Excellent." In fact, Taco Tico (the number 2 restaurant) was jammed with people, and cars waited on the road just to get into the drive-thru. I figured, hey! great! this place is number 2 for a good reason. I was wrong. Way wrong. If it was recently redecorated, it doesn't show. It's dated, kind of dingy, and bare bones. Based on the seating, I guess it could have been a Taco Bell at one time. I'm not one to be put off by an average looking place, so, to the counter I went. Based on the glowing recommendation from the lady behind the register, I ordered the "Texas" burrito. According to the sign on the counter, it is the burrito to beat all burritos, weighing in at (an odd) 1.16 pounds. What I received was a tortilla packed with a blend of bland, homogeneous stuff, topped with some flavorless cheese, a clot of sour cream, and surrounded by chips covered with a generic cheese goo. I tried it straight. No good. I added some hot sauce from the complimentary salsa bar. Still no good. I finally decided it wasn't worth salvaging, so I tossed the remaining 2/3rd in the trash, and bailed. I briefly considered going across the road to Mineral City Mill & Grill, but I'll be eating there the remainder of the time I'm in Ft. Dodge. It's the safest bet.

• Visited November 2013
Fort Dodge, Iowa
“Remodel is great”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

They updated and remodeled the restaurant recently and it looks great. They gutted the place entirely and looks brand new. New booths and tables, lights are beautiful, new signs and sauce bar. They did take out the old juke box but it really wasn't a huge loss. The food is still great, smothered Sancho is great, one of my grandmas favorite dishes, Taco Burgers, Sancho's, and nachos still great as always.

• Visited October 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“In a sea of chains, this is refreshing”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Taco Tico is located on the "strip" of Fort Dodge where you can find every fast food chain known to man. I like eating locally and stumbled across this place. It's best described as fast food mexican. It's good, it's cheap, and there's great people watching! They have a sauce bar as well which gives you the option of spicing your food up. The taco burgers are a favorite but I liked everything I ordered in the 3 times I've been here. They also have an old school jukebox with some great 90s music. I keep coming back every time I'm in Fort Dodge!

• Visited May 2013