“Average Mexican food”

Lomitas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Fort Dodge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 13, 2013

being from the south we are probably a little more critical on the quality of the food. It was good but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is great, the complimentary chips and salsa are a great touch. I personally like the extra spicy salsa. The food is great and the MARGARITAS OMG SUPERB! I come here a lot with my family and friends and this place has a great atmosphere and great service!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I love this place! The food is amazing. I've been here many times over the last several years and still haven't tried everything on their menu. The size of the plates are enormous so I typically end the meal with a box to take home.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Passing through and decided to give this a try. YUK!
When we walked in there is a buffet in the front area which showed a nice assortment of traditional Mexican fare. The buffet itself was very dirty and unkept. BecAuse we were in a hurry we did order the buffet which did get a cleaning before we visited it and looked presentable.
The food was very bland and it was in all of the offeriings. Additionally the server didn't return once even to refill a drink.

I would pass on this restaurant!

1  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Just your basic Mexican food..not authentic Mexican food.. nice friendly place..good drinks..very nice staff..overall ok. Hard to find real Mexican food in IOWA.