“TERRIBLE experience”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Fort Dodge
Farmington
“TERRIBLE experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed here when traveling with my dog for a dog show. When I called, i was told the pet fee was $25 for the entire stay - then when I checked in it was actually PER NIGHT. I had to stay in a smoking room because of the dog, that sometimes happens so I've had to stay in smoking rooms before. But never a room as stinky as this one. I recoiled from the stink when I first opened the door to my room. It was as if an entire pack had been smoked every day, with all the windows shut. It also smelled just old and musty. The room was tiny. I stayed one night. The next day I went to get the very measly breakfast and found a piece of moldy bread for toast. Never in my life have I done this before.........but I checked out of the hotel and got a new reservation at the America's Best Value Inn (also in Fort Dodge). That hotel was AWESOME - night and day difference, for only a total of $2 more per night. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Iowa
Reviewed January 10, 2009

My wife and I (along with our 2 dogs) decided to get off the road due to weather/poor road conditions. We were directed to the Days Inn (they allowed pets in smoking rooms). The pet fee was $25, which was no big deal. The allowance of pets was the sole positive about this stay.

The floor to the room was pretty dingy, but the room seemed ok. Then my wife noticed mouse droppings on one of the beds (we had a room with two double beds). I was tired from fighting the weather/drive, so I just took care of it. I then discovered a sandwich in the fridge (I did not investigate how long it may have been there). The phone did not work. The drain to the sink had to be pulled out by hand and there was hair on the wall of the shower.

Under normal circumstances, I would have been at the front desk after the mouse/bed discovery, but I just wanted to go to bed and was thankful we found a place for the night that allowed our dogs inside. We were only staying for the night and would be up early in the AM to finish our travel.

We were too disgusted in the AM to even shower before we left. I thought about telling the front desk about our experience, but it would not have done us any good at that point.

In hindsight, I should have went to the desk and asked for a different room right away. However, that ship has sailed. For those of you wondering, I slept in the 'poop bed' and let my wife/dogs have the other bed.

In the future, I will take on the roads and/or sleep in the car before I stay here again.

I travel for work about one week a month and have stayed in a wide variety of hotels, some not very nice. This is BY FAR the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Liked — They allowed pets.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed January 2009