“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!”

The Lodge Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Forest City
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here while our motor coach was being serviced at the Winnebago Factory. The ambiance and cleanliness of the grounds was wonderful. We were in the separate building across from the main facility and the room was very nice. The sliding door to the outside patio was a plus. Meals at the onsite restaurant were very tasty! Lots of trails to walk along with a free Continental Breakfast each morning made the experience even belter.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The manager goes above and beyond to ensure we are comfortable in our room and the accommodations are meeting our needs. We have stayed multiple times and the service is very consistent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Me and my husband decided to stay at the Lodge for our wedding night. It seemed like it would be very nice and quiet- although a bit awkward, since the door to the honeymoon suite is about ten feet from the front door and from the seating area of the Lodge Restaurant.

The room was nicely furnished but freezing cold (with no thermostat in sight). There is one room next to the Honeymoon Suite and it was rented to a couple with a child (despite there being many other open rooms in the hotel that night).

In the middle of the night, we heard screams from the child and the mother next door telling the father/boyfriend to stop hitting the child- this went on for about 45 minutes before the hotel management knocked on their door and asked them to quiet down. The quiet lasted for about five minutes- then more screaming and crashing could be heard through the less-than-sound-proof walls. After the second disturbance, the police were called, but the couple were not asked to leave the hotel.

The next day, as we were eating breakfast, the management asked us if we heard anything the night before and when we told them that we had heard the whole ordeal she seemed much more amused than concerned. We were not offered a discount or an apology. Lastly, I got quite a bad case of food poisoning from the Continental Breakfast (milk and cereal).

TIP: If you are going to stay here for a wedding, rent out the whole place and bring your own food (and possibly earplugs).

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here for a wedding, rent out the whole place and bring your own food (and p...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amber W
Byron P, Owner at The Lodge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I am very sorry that your experience was not the experience we work hard to provide for our guests, and I hope that you will accept our apology with a full refund. it is extremely rare for there to be the type of disturbance you described here at the Lodge. We have been able to avoid this in large part because the Lodge Restaurant does not serve hard liquor. I see that you are writing this review 6 months after your stay with us. Had you called, I would have refunded your room charges immediately. As owner I try to be closely involved in day-to-day operations. My greatest joy is for people to feel as if they are coming into my home. Regarding the continental breakfast--I suspect your upset stomach was perhaps due to the stress of having experienced the disturbance caused by the intoxicated guest for which I truly apologize. The milk put out for the continental breakfast is taste-tested daily for freshness.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently took a group of 5 to the Lodge on business and the setting was perfect, the food was great but more than anything the owners were magnficent in meeting the unusual needs of our group at all hours. They facilitated meetings when we needed them, food to fit the schedule, technology needs on the spot and with such a hospitable and welcoming touch. Each member of our group urged me to write this and give them our highest recommendation.

GK

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed there for my wifes cousins wedding. It is a very neat hotel, and we loved the setting, and our own little porch out back. I had a nice breakfast in the morning, and enjoyed the corned beef hash.

I wasn't real crazy about the bathroom doors though

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I could not have picked a better venue to hold my June wedding at! The staff and management have been excellent to work with and a GREAT help! They really worked with my budget and made me feel like a million dollar bride!! The facility is rustic, romantic, and very cozy for any kind of gathering! Even though this facility has been through many changes and multiple owners/management, this place is worth giving a chance! They were even so kind to throw a suite as a wedding gift! VERY CARING AND VERY KIND STAFF!

Room Tip: The site offers photos of every room which is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A C
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The Lodge is a great place to get away with a beautiful view of the Winnebago River. They have groomed cross country ski trails just outside the front door. The rates are reasonable with a restaurant on site so you do not need to leave the building.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!