“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of The Gardens - CLOSED

The Gardens
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Healthy and vegetarian food options that are really tasty. Good price for the quality of food. The environment is nice and the service was pleasant. My only complaint is that we weren't checked on enough, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I would definitely go here again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

wonderful spot for lunch. soups, sandwiches, salads. seasonal menu, fresh ingredients, fun and cozy, fancy but not uptight. they are usually very busy, and you might have to wait for a table but it's worth it. the owner, Nicholas, is usually there, and he's very friendly and accommodating.

many enjoyable vegetarian options. the quinoa burger that they make in house is unbelievable! It comes with some fresh made tzatziki sauce on top of it, and I always order it with the fresh kale salad that is massaged with lemon juice. classic! one of my other recent favorites is the butternut squash burrito. the sweet walnuts and the sour cream mix with the black beans, quinoa, and squash to create a truly inspired burrito. I'm drooling while I'm typing this.

and if you have a sweet tooth, they have a bunch of naughty treats, cookies and cakes etc. that they bake in house.

I highly recommend making a stop at the Gardens next time you are in Fairfield.

2  Thank Lane W
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! The quinoa burger on a brioche bun is just fantastic! The homemade honey roasted carrot soup was great! Come!

1  Thank stevenrealife
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a nice surprise in Fairfield Iowa! The 3 meals I had were perfectly prepared and served in a timely manner. The atmosphere was unique and the servers were very attentive. The cafe was packed and guests waiting to get it...they must be doing something right! I recommend highly for a fresh & ever-changing menu!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation to Iowa this past August and I've got to say this place was one of the major highlights! I ate here TWICE while I was in town and honestly i couldn't get enough of it. From the moment i walked in i was greeted with a friendly atmosphere and delicious smells. My waitresses both times were so kind and helpful with my decision making when it came to the menu. I love Reuben sandwiches and the one I ate here was out of this world!! As well the pear and date wrap came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. If you are reading this months down the line and the menu has changed I am so totally certain that whatever comes out of that place will be like heaven on a plate. Absolute best dining in the state!

1  Thank Kevin T