“Fairfield's Freshest Food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying my first meal at the Gardens Seasonal Kitchen the other day. The first thing that I liked about the restaurant was the decor. It has a very charming atmosphere, and is extremely inviting. I was greeted at the door, seated right away, and my server was casual and friendly. I also really enjoyed the menu, it is simple, and fresh; but so many wonderful choices. The food was not only beautiful, but tasted just as good as it looked! This restaurant is an amazing addition to the Fairfield community!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A great addition to the Fairfield square dining experience. The restaurant is quaint with a nice attentive server and friendly faces throughout. My son and I both had wraps and I included the vegetarian chili. Both came out fresh and delicious from the kitchen. The manager was delightful and we finished the meal with home-made cookies. A nice spot for a fresh and flavorful lunch!

1  Thank JDB b
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Quaint , delicious, beautiful newly renovated space on the square in Fairfield Iowa. So charmingly appointed and great food too! Open for LUNCH only in the beginning ...wonderful menu selections made Fresh every day. Great service, friendly staff, DELICIOUS!

3  Thank MaceyFairfieldIowa
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Gardens, located at 60 1/2 W. Burlington Ave., is a fabulous addition to the lunch options in Fairfield. Owner Nick Naioti has brought extensive family restaurant experience to enliven our taste buds and keep us coming back for more. He opened quietly in late March or early April, without much fanfare, and word of mouth spread quickly that this is a treasure. The plan is for the menu to change seasonally, but he expects to maintain a few of the favorites (the Quinoa Burger is a best seller, followed closely by the Turkey, Avocado, and Bacon Wrap) across the seasons. The Reuben Panini (with either corned beef or turkey) is excellent, and includes a wonderful house-made apple sauerkraut. Another of my favorites is the Pear and Date Wrap (which includes almond butter, sliced almonds, & feta cheese -- a totally wonderful combination on a light spinach wrap). Daily homemade soups are inventive and hearty, and I've heard raves about the Tuscan Kale Salad. There are also scrumptious house-made desserts. Right now The Gardens is only open for lunch (closed on Mondays), from 11 AM - 3 PM, and the noon hour is generally packed, so I recommend you go early or late -- but do go. Your taste buds and digestion will thank you!

2  Thank PATRICIA F