“Well-designed space” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Lebanon, Illinois
“Well-designed space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I came in without a reservation and was promptly helped by the friendly person at the desk. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the lobby area as well as the design of the room. I especially appreciated the small entry-way table in the room where you could charge a phone (and not accidentally forget the charger), and put small things. Shower was well-lit, too, though the shower head will be a bit short for tall folks. Internet was fast and simple to connect to. Desk space had plenty of light to work by, too. Room was quiet, and I slept well.

Because this property is just outside of town, you'll have to drive to downtown to get dinner or to a park to walk, but the location made it easy to hit the road in the morning. I think the price is a bit high for the location, but I would stay again if I were to be in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamala P, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fairfield, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and giving us a nice review. Your comfort is very important to us. We pride ourselves in providing great guest service and clean spacious rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Pam Piltingsrud, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I came to Fairfield for 4 days on a business trip to attend a workshop and was very pleased when I arrived. There is a friendly vibe when you walk in the doors, and check in was quick and I was in my room in no time. It is not often that your room actually looks like the photo's you see online. I loved the colors and the bed was even better than my bed at home. When I returned to my room at the end of each day, I was surprised to find a note on my pillow with wishes for a great night. I thought that was a nice touch. The AmericInn is located on exit 212, but I did not hear any noise from the highway and it was easy to find.

Room Tip: if you enjoy viewing the sunrise, I was in room 208 and you won't be disappointed
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the nice comments. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive for great service and clean rooms! We hope to be seeing you again sometime!

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business and was very pleased. Hotel opened in March 2012 and still looks brand new. For hotels in this quality range, I was extremely pleased and will definitely stay here on my next trip to Fairfield. They have a nice indoor pool so it would be a good place for families with young kids. Breakfast included 2 hot items (scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits) along with the typical cereal, yogurt, toast and muffins.

My only disappointment was that the walls were so thin that I was awoken in the middle of the night by a conversation between the couple in the next room and they weren't even speaking exceptionally loudly.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us a great review. We hope to see you again soon and we'll see to it you have a quieter room.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are looking for a very clean, spacious, and friendly hotel with all the amenities, you needn't look any further. The AmericInn in Fairfield has it all and the hotel staff is amazing. My husband and I traveled to Fairfield to attend a graduation party and needed a hotel that was easy to access and clean. We got that and a lot more!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamala P, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fairfield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide clean rooms and friendly service and it's good to know we are doing that and more. We look forward to your return!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I came to Fairfield to visit Maharishi University of Management, to see Maharishi Vedic City, and to get some spa treatments at the Raj. (Happy Birthday to me!) We decided to stay at the AmericInn because we were looking for a decent hotel a little outside of the TM vibe and community. Complete success! The property deserves its 3 stars. The rooms are clean and spacious and attractive (I Hotwired it and got a great rate $90 including tax -- half the price of The Raj) and didn't have a suite or a hot tub in the room, but still it was fine.) No pets allowed. Internet works well and is free. Has a pool, a bar, and a full breakfast. The staff was nice and accommodating and at the same time could use more training (listening skills, customer service, training on their computer systems). It seemed very much on the townie side of the college town dynamic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank katthewolf
Pamala P, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fairfield, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad your stay here was satisfactory. Training staff is always an on going process and I thank you for your feedback! Happy birthday to you and I hope you pamper yourself here again soon!

Pam Piltingsrud
Belleville, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall this hotel was clean, new, and convenient. As a family, however, we were extremely disappointed, after booking two pricey rooms (one for ourselves and two small kids, and one for my mother), to arrive and find the pool was closed. What was supposed to be a lovely Mother's Day weekend for our family, spending time visiting pool-side as the kids swam, turned out to be a family weekend of two cranky and bored kiddos stuck in the room disappointed because the pool they were eagerly anticipating was closed. Had we known this in advance, we surely would have canceled our reservation and stayed down the street in the much more affordable hotel that had a working pool. When the pool was finally opened the next morning, the time was rushed, the chlorine levels were high, and the water was freezing. Not pleasant for the kids at all. The room, while it was nice, also had no comfortable place to sit unless you sat on the bed or in a stiff desk chair. To further the disappointment, no discount or adjustment was offered in light of the main "amenity" being unavailable, and the military discount we requested was NOT applied, even after showing appropriate ID. So yes, it was a nice and new hotel, but we certainly left disappointed.

Room Tip: Check in advance to make sure the amenities you are paying for and expect are available. Rooms near...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel and I want to sincerely apologize for your disappointing stay with us. I am sorry that the pool was unavailable for your children. We take our pool water chemistry very seriously so for the safety of our guest and per state health department pool laws, we have to close it from time to time until the water is safe for our guest. We have a certified pool operator on property to take care of just such times. The pool, being a large volume of water, will sometimes take several hours to adjust to the correct safe readings.Our entire staff is trained to take readings every two hours to prevent safety issues. I am very sorry this effected your stay with us but your safety, your children safety as well as our other guest is our highest priority. If coming to our area again please contact personally thru the hotel and I will be more than happy to upgrade you to one of our suites.

Pam Piltingsrud
Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had a six night stay in April, and was treated like a queen. Room was clean and homey, with a beautiful view of the farm horses behind. Right off the highway, I expected I would hear more noise during the night, but it was never an issue. It was quiet and peaceful. 24 coffee and hot water was a welcome feature, for a cup of tea at the end of a very long day. Staff were always attentive to make sure all was available to us. Every night I came home to a clean room with a handwritten note from the housekeeper wishing me a good day! Price was reasonable, would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamala P, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fairfield, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are so glad you got to spend so many days with us and that it was a great stay for you. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Our entire staff takes pride in providing clean rooms and great service and it pleases me to know that you experienced both. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
BEST WESTERN Fairfield Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Pleasant
Hampton Inn Ottumwa
Hampton Inn Ottumwa
#1 of 7 in Ottumwa

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!