“Beat my expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Farm Toy Museum

National Farm Toy Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a small scale adventure into the history of agriculture! Revel in the Museum's collections of farm toys and unique exhibits on agriculture's amazing history.
Poplar Grove, IL
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Beat my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I came with our three teenage daughters and younger son. Girls were bored, my son and I enjoyed it. Extensive collection, well laid out, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to visit.

2 Thank adamtravels_1969

USA
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 467 helpful votes
“Farm toys in glass cases”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I can not recommend this museum to anyone that does not love farm toys or does not want to see a model of a tractor was in the family in 1947. Farm toys lose much of their appeal when they are stuck behind glass and can not be handled and admired. I got off on the wrong foot when I had to wait on the clerk's personal phone call to pay the $5 admission. The tractors all started to look alike to this city kid. I did like the models of farmsteads through the decades and the models of old cowboy stars and their horses.

Displays are well done, the building is new and just off US 30. I assume it is the best farm toy museum in the world, its focus just does not appeal to me.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank hoogo
epworth, ia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“cute little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have boys and they like the farm toys. They have a lot of things there to look at. I'm not a big fan of farm toys, but it was all interesting.

2 Thank michele t
Mesa, Arizona
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“you should go and relive childhood memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is a great place to learn about farm toys, farming, collecting and just plain fun to look at. The farm dioramas are a great way to bring back memories or introduce children to yesteryear. Dyersville, Iowa is the perfect setting for this museum.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank sharonhoblit
Memphis, TN
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“If you are into toy tractors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was not certain what to expect here, but what you get are tons of toy tractors most looking about the same. This is really a very specialized place. Also some very interesting diorama type model replicas of manufacturing plants for the toys and some similar types of temporal exhibits. Worth the 5.00 admission, unless you have no interest in toy tractors. Only real downside to the place is that their is some sort of adjoining fitness place where you are constantly listening to the booming bass of some exercise music.

Visited April 2012