“step back into time”

and up
Field of Dreams Movie Site Guided Home Tour in Dyersville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Is this Heaven? No, it’s Iowa. A place of fertile soil, traditional values and simple pleasure. And, in Dyersville, Iowa, at the century-old Lansing family farm with its quaint, and oh-so-recognizable house, baseball still ranks as a favorite pastime for all ages. What better place to carve a baseball diamond from a corn field and to make a movie about pursuing one’s dream, no matter how much effort it takes? For the first time in history, the Field of Dreams farm house is open to the public with purchase of timed tour tickets via our website.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I got goose bumps when I pulled up the drive. Well worth the trip. My wife and I enjoyed a nice breakfast in Dyersville

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Yes, it's just a baseball field in the middle of cornfields, but I actually got goosebumps when it came into view. We got their early in the morning and there were already 10-12 people, mostly kids, playing a pick up game on the field. We chose to just sit on the bleachers and watch, even though they kept asking if we wanted to take a turn.

I walked around and took pictures in the outfiled, the corn (it was June, so it was short) and the house. I loved every minute we were there. It was very peaceful. It just made you happy.

There is also some information about the movie and site on a board and by the backstop. The gift shop has about anything you would want as far as souvenirs go. There is also no cost to just come and walk around and take pictures. If you're a baseball fan or a fan of the movie, you will love it.

1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a place where you can be a kid or live a dream. It's a beautiful setting, peaceful and very well kept. I applaud the owners for keeping this place open to the public.

2  Thank 196LindaC
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The drive out to the farm is quite nice. One could not get close to the house or the barn, though. The souvenir shop is tiny with your basic coffee mugs and t-shirts, and there were a couple of families throwing some pitches. However, I am not all that into baseball or Kevin Costner. It was something to see, but been there, done that.

1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Field of Dreams on a very cold, windy, drizzly day. After all, it WAS November:) It didn't matter because we still enjoyed it. The grounds were well kept and it was just as beautiful as I had hoped for. It looks exactly like the movie. I'm not sure what I expected to be different but was pleasantly surprised that nothing had changed. Despite the unfavorable weather, and that the corn had already been cut, it didn't matter because we still had an awesome experience.

2  Thank KevinandRobin