All reviewsinn keepers areheritage trailwhirlpool tubbike ridebeautiful roomshort driveplace to staybaby deerinnkeepersdubuquemoonlightgravelhighway
Reviewed October 12, 2016

I stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night and was greeted by Kathy. She showed me to the room and made sure that everything was satisfactory. She gave absolutely excellent service and really made me feel like a special guest. The grounds around the lodge were very nice to walk around and the scenery was great. Got a couple of great sunrise/sunset pictures. The food was very good and plentiful. everything fresh-most from the local markets. the room was very clean and comfortable. I can't think of anything that would have been better except a few more days vacation to really appreciate my visit to the lodge. I will definitely go back again .

Room Tip: i think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
QWL, Innkeepers at Quiet Walker Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Thank you so much, Sam! It was our pleasure to have you both here! We really appreciate your kind words. We are always so pleased when a guest enjoys are beautiful surroundings and lodge. We wish you well and hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday here. I liked the peaceful location. The rooms were a bit outdated (colored hot tubs remind me of the 80's) but otherwise very homey. Our hosts were sure to introduce everyone to each other-- very gracious people. They prepared wonderful strawberry covered chocolates for us ( i have a great husband) and we thoroughly enjoyed them! They were happy to offer us dining suggestions and other information, which was great! (The restaurant they suggested we dine at our second evening was simply delicious!)
My husband liked the hearty egg and bacon themed breakfasts. I did not- I am a more simple breakfast eater. I wished that they had a "second option" to offer if you didn't care for a meal that offered poached eggs over a biscuit with gravy (1st morning breakfast) or French toast with a red pepper jelly and crumbled bacon on top of it (2nd morning breakfast). I suppose I'm picky and I dislike bacon, so... anyways, we had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
QWL, Innkeepers at Quiet Walker Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your kind words. It is always appreciated. We only wish you would have told us you desired a special breakfast. We would have gladly prepared something for you. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to QWL for a getaway from work and to explore a different part of the state. Our expectations were surpassed and we left at the end of the weekend beyond satisfied. We enjoyed how friendly the innkeepers and owners were! They had wonderful suggestions-each that we tried were a hit (Sunset Winery & visiting the Abbey for some delicious candies) and they were open to hearing about new options in Dubuque (Manna Java World Cafe-fantastic!). There are menu binders full of nearby food options. We stayed in the Manitou room and loved it. The decor is welcoming and I loved having a whirlpool to relax in after a long day. You exit the sliding door and find yourself right next to a garden and the forest). We didn't take advantage of the fire pit, horseshoes or board game collection but got excited that those were available.

Breakfast. A chance to visit with other visitors and the owners...but as soon as the food started coming out the place got pretty quiet. The days we stayed we had "it's not what it looks like"- a sweet bread with yogurt & an apricot & cereal crusted French Toast with bacon on Saturday and Sunday included a baked apple followed by a southern biscuit topped with apple/sausage sausage gravy and a poached egg & a side of hash browns. Breakfast at home definitely doesn't compare to that.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much!!! We love hearing our guests had such a wonderful time and enjoyed all that the lodge and surrounding area has to offer. So glad you liked the breakfasts! Thank you again for such a nice review. Hope to see you both again!

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended for anyone who seeks solace and adventure! Dubuque has lots to offer- they even have nearby wineries. We went zip lining, kayaking and even caught rare pokemons while going around town. Innkeepers Phil and Kathy and owner Jim are most wonderful people; service and breakfast served with a smile and passion. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
QWL, Innkeepers at Quiet Walker Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

We so enjoyed having you two here! It was really interesting learning about your heritage. Glad you got to do so many things in our beautiful area. You were busy!! Thank you for such a nice review. We do appreciate it. Good Luck on the next chapter of your lives. You will both do well!!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We were very pleased with our stay here. The room and location were beautiful. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was wonderful. We would definitely stay here again. This was a great value...

Room Tip: We were in the Sedona room. Nicely decorated and updated.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
QWL, Innkeepers at Quiet Walker Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure! We love to welcome guests from our neighboring state of Minnesota!! Hope to see you again!