“Way too beautiful to be in the plains.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dundee
Ames, Iowa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Way too beautiful to be in the plains.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Six Pines campground. All tents, not full, super quiet and relaxed. The only drawback was the pit toilet. The modern campground was packed, noisy, and full of kids. That is perfect for some people but we just wanted to grill steaks over a fire and sip some beer. For that, our campground was perfect. Love it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jana B

Iowa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“State park treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Can't say enough about this park, 2 nights tenting was not enough to enjoy all the hiking , playing and water fun!

1 Thank Kris P
Sioux Center, Iowa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Once a Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family makes this an annual trip. The kids love to go creek stomping and the park's endless streams provide hours of exploration and fun on a hot day.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank TROY L
Ames, Iowa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Restored my faith in Iowa Hiking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm from the Fingerlakes region of upstate NY, so that is the standard by which I rate hiking trails. Other trails in Iowa have always made me feel like I"m just strolling around in a field. We hiked around the lake, which had a great combination of cliffs, forests, and lake views. Backbone Trail is amazing and made me feel transported into somewhere in Middle Earth. At the south end of the lake, there is a nice lodge and lake house. There are also cabins for rent which looked amazing.

We camped, and since I'm used to car camping in NYS, I was expected an area with trees that divided you and your neighbors. This is like camping on a large lawn. Luckily, it was the off-season so we had no neighbors.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Erika M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

What a beautiful State Park. The trees were just starting to turn colors. A must see if you are in the area.

Visited September 2012