“Return to an old favourite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greenhouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llantarnam
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
newport gwent
“Return to an old favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Revisited this pub twice in two weeks after many many months. New menu now which has lots to offer. Kids menu at £3 49 has a choice of 9 Mains and Treats at £1 49 I went on a Monday lunchtime choosing a Welsh Steak Burger at £7 25 along with 2 extra toppings at 70p each. It was exceptionally nice and on my return visit, although i was spoilt by choice on the menu available, i again chose the Burger as it was so nice. There is a varied Menu, from Grills, Burgers, Salads, Pastas, Steaks to name but a few. On selected meals, 2 can dine for £10 99 Monday-Thursday with restricted timings on Fri Staff are very pleasant, no doubt i will be returning more often.

• Visited April 2013

Newport, United Kingdom
“Pub food to a high standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited this pub and restaurant with my wife, daughter and her partner. The menu is extensive and the food very good. This was the second visit I have made and I have not been disappointed. On the first occasion I opted to have the mixed grill and it was one of the best mixed grills I have ever had and at a really good price. The service is prompt and professional, the food delicious and served hot.
The second time I visited, we all opted for the Half chicken with ribs in a barbeque source. I have a more than healthy appetite, but the quantity of the food was challenging to say the least. It was excellent and I will ensure I will call at this pub for food whenever I can.
The only criticism I would add, is the car park - although it is quite large it has not been surfaced with tarmac and consequently is on the rough side.

Visited February 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub brought back lovely memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely meal could not fault the friendly staff and excellent service, will be back again next time we are in Cwmbran.

Visited February 2013
South Wales
“What a shame”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten at this pub/restaurant previously we decided to visit again. Normally we find this pub to offer good value, good food. Unfortunately on this occasion it was not to be. There were three of us and two of us decided to opt for the curry of the day which was chicken tikka masala. When it arrived it had no sauce and was just chicken with tomatoes, onions and bizarrely peppers. Despite its odd look we decided to give it a go. It was absolutely tasteless. No spices, no taste and in fact our other friend commented that it looked like a fajita mix. We tried but just couldn't eat a plate of chicken and watery tinned tomatoes and asked for them to be returned. We were reassured that this was definitely a curry and they had a recipe to follow but I'm sorry that didn't smell, look or taste like a curry. We reordered and our other friend continued with her meal and our replacements came shortly after which was the fish and chicken and pâté which were fine. We decided then to order coffees; Costa being a firm favourite, but were dismayed to be told that as it was after 10pm (10.05pm) coffee is no longer served as they had 'chemicalised' the machine, despite there still being customers in the restaurant still eating. We were extremely disappointed that we weren't advised or even offered coffee before the 'cut off'. Couldn't see anywhere where it said that coffee was only served until 10pm.
The service was very good and the sending back of the meals were dealt with professionally and politely. The individual whom we paid our bill with was again polite and courteous. Just a shame we were let down by poor food and a bizarre coffee ruling.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Newport, United Kingdom
“From the Past to the Present”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

A pub that has been up dated and upgraded to a very pleasurable experience,and this comes from a non drinker.
1ST the staff wonderful can't do enough to make your visit excellent, a place that you would take friends to.

The food!!! what can one say" ROLE ON THE NEXT TIME ",a good choice on the menu, plenty of special offers ,if you do have any thing special--- JUST ASK not a problem.

When we get some dry weather, out side we go, an area to be enjoyed by ALL , even our dogs,

So in all i would say go and enjoy.

Visited March 2013