“Fish and Steak Date” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catfish Charlies

Catfish Charlies
Ranked #38 of 206 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Fish and Steak Date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Enjoyed a steak without using the A-1 and the mashed taters were delicious. My wife enjoyed her walleye and green beans. Attentive service, good view of the water, and easy to find.

Visited August 2014

Farmer City, Illinois
“Birthday dinner not so special.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Were in the area with friends for my husbands birthday and thought this would be a good place to enjoy dinner. Wrong. Although they have a great outdoor seating area and views of the Mississippi River inlet and boat dock, we didn't want to eat our dinner with the flies and bugs so chose to set indoors by the windows so we could still enjoy the view. (we still had a pesky fly buzzing us through the whole meal) We were seated right away, but waiting quite a while for our waitress who looked like she was overworked and under stress or maybe new at the job. She was very disorganized and acted preoccupied. She finally took our drink orders which again took a long time to get. We asked specifically if the scallops were fresh versus frozen and were assured by the waitress they were fresh, which they weren't. My husband had the stuffed shrimp, which came with a very heavy cheese sauce covering them and the crab stuffing was very heavy on the cracker and fillers versus crab. We had a coupon from our hotel for a discount which I forgot to give to the waitress until she presented the check and she told me she couldn't go back and adjust the bill once it as printed. Manager must have overheard us complaining as she came back and told us they would make the adjustment. It was extremely hot where we were seated as if there was no air conditioning but when my husband asked the waitress if there was something that could be done she just replied, yes it is hot in here, i think so too. This will not be a place we will return to. Prices were rather high for the quality and service. Found out later in our stay there were much better choices in the area for a nice birthday celebration, which by the way, they did not even acknowledge after telling the hostess and the waitress.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank dlsmls
Dubuque, Iowa
“Want to get sick? Eat here....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Ate there tonight with my son and my wife. Never ever again. The food came out so greasy you could have lit it on fire.... Which would have been helpful because everything came out cold and soggy. There was no way we could finish it because it was so disgusting. To top things off we weren't even halfway home and the stomach pains began. Its been an hour and a half and I still don't feel right. Neither does my wife.

2 Thank travelin_fool_1969
Galena, Illinois
“Great outdoor seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Food was good, pretzel bite appetisers were tastey. the Sunday drink specials got me in a little trouble, but fun. Had music on deck Sunday afternoon, it was fun but i do not think afternoon is the typical time for the music

Visited August 2014
Iowa
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I ate there on a Saturday night. Service was great, food was good. Food was hot and we were given plenty to eat.Not too pricey.

• Visited August 2014