“Great Fish!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great Fish!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

A fun place to eat! The fish is all fantastic, and it's great to sit on the patio and watch the marina as all kinds and sizes of boats come and go in and out to the mighty Mississippi. The multi-level dining rooms also have great views of the marina with the large glass windows facing the water. The drinks from the bar are always perfect and the atmosphere at Catfish Charlies is upbeat, friendly and party like day and night. All in all, a great place for lunch or dinner or even for special occasions and groups.

Visited August 2012

Dubuque, IA
“A great place to eat and drink”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Charlie cooks up the best ribs in the area. The full rack will hang over the edges of your plate. The sauce compliments the meat,,,,not over powers it. The pork "T" is very good and you will fight to eat it up to the bun. The thing is huge,,but tastey. The atmosphere is very nice and clean.
You can tell that the building had a investment in its furnishings. The service was excellent and the experience was a good value.

• Visited November 2012
wisconsin
“Its ok-I would go back”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

tried for first time-ordered appetizer, the special, had one of their special recipe bloddy mary's. The appetizer was above average, but too much....guess thats not a bad thing, but between two people, our appetite for main course was temnpered somewhat-had their blackened Ponga for main course, and it was ok-fish was mild, and the seasoning over powered the fish-but maybe thats because the fish was so mild-my wife liked her broiled selection better. I will go back and experiment. Oh, if you have the habenaro flovored bloddy mary, make sure you have some water handy. I liked it, I like spicy, but it was pretty intense.

• Visited November 2012
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Do not eat here! Overpriced and awful!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I live in Dubuque and about three years ago used to come here all the time. This last Christmas we got a gift card. We hadn't been to Catfish Charlie's in awhile so we thought we would give it a try remembering how great the food used to be. I don't know what happened but it is now awful. My first clue should of been that at 6:30p on a Friday night the resturant only had 3 or 4 tables. Their menu is small and pricy. My husband ordered the 10oz sirloin and lobster tail. I had a chicken ceaser salad. His steak came out and even looked awful. It was bland and over cooked. He ate about a quarter of it before giving up. It's almost like they do not use any seasoning, a little salt and pepper goes a long way. He said his lobster tail was good. It was $17 to add a 6 or 7 ounce tail to your dinner. At most places that will get you a 10 or 12 ounce tail. So for about $40 he got an awful 10oz sirloin and very small lobster tail. Not worth it. My salad was $12 and it was small. About the size of a large side salad with chicken. There was no seasoning on the chicken, and they use an oil based ceaser dressing versus a creamy one. I will say the dressing was good. I left most of the chicken on the plate. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. That was the only plus side of the whole meal. I don't know what happened, but their food had gotten absolutely awful. $54 for dinner and we left asking where we were really going to eat. The table next to us also had complaints that their food was not worth the price. We will not be going back here anytime soon. If you are looking for a nice meal I suggest LMay Eatery, Champage, or Woodfire. If you are looking for more moderate prices Houlihans across the street has decent steak at a fair price along with a nice selection of other foods.

1 Thank Jennifer K
Nebraska
“They made our night!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We got here about an hour before closing and were the only ones in the place so we were concerned that they would be anxious to close and make us feel rushed. It was exactly the opposite. Our server, Dan, was fun and friendly. He answered our questions about some of the menu items and made excellent recommendations. Our meal was served in courses instead of everything showing up at once. We really liked being able to take our time and enjoy our appetizer, then our soup, then our entrees. The gator appetizer was delicious and all our food was cooked perfectly. After dinner we asked for directions to the next place we were headed and Dan knew exactly how to get us there. In fact, we ran into him later on that evening and he was just as pleasant outside the restaurant so we know he was sincere and not just working us for a tip. We loved Catfish Charlies and Dan was the icing on the cake. He made our night!

• Visited August 2012