“best motel in town!”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Wichita, Kansas
“best motel in town!”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The hotel had an easy access of the highway. The room was clean and the price we paid was reasonable. We will be back next time! thanks!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Addison, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have been coming to this super 8 for 2 years now. I love the location and the staff is really great. They have clean rooms and free wifi. I will stay again. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We travelled with a 4 yr old and a dog and were very happy with the hotel. Reception was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and good, no 5star hotel but very decent for the money. Clean sheets, clean bathroom and in very good condition. Great location to see Galena and drive up the River. We had to stay in a smoking room because of our dog, but that wasn't a problem either after opening the windows. Breakfast comes free and is coffe, juice, bagels, cereal, toast and even bisquits & gravy. It all depends on what level you are expecting, this isn't a Hilton but you get a whole lot for your money for sure. We'll definately stay there again to see Galena.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Happen to stop at the super 8 for the evening while passing through Dubuque because of their location, The service was excellent, The room was clean to my surprise, not many motels are clean like this one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I was in Dubuque for a conference and hada chance to stay at the super 8 & the room I stayed in was in good condition and clean. The front desk gal was very helpful, gladly showed me good places to see and eat. The breakfast was good for the price I paid. I don't think I will be back in Dubuque, but if I do come back I will stay there again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Wayfarer6
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I visit Dubuque several times a year and always stay at the Super 8. The rooms are always well maintained, the staff are usually courteous, and the price is affordable. They have a new manager, who was inflexible with check in times. I arrived an hour early to check in before going to a graduation. The manager was exceedingly rude and refused to allow me to check in, until her wall clock hit the time. We (travelers) went to a local restaurant and hung out for the hour before the official check-in time. We made it to the graduation, but it was a pain in the butt to have to wait for an hour to check in, when there were clearly rooms available.

I recommend staying here, but don't expect any flexibility on the "rules."

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Minnesota
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I planned on staying at this Super 8, because I have had good experiences at other locations of this chain. However, the Saturday that I stopped there, the check-in staff was extremely rude and incompetent (there were several other people attempting to get rooms at the same time). Also, I was quoted rates that were about twice what they should have been for this type of accomodation. Needless to say, I found somewhere else to stay for the evening.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank RedWing2
super8dbq, Manager at Super 8 Dubuque/Galena Area, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
I am sorry you had a bad experience, can you please tell me what time you tried to check in and what rate you were quoted?

568-582-8898