“Good hotel to stay & Great location”

Super 8 Dubuque/Galena Area
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed September 7, 2009

the hotel was right in center of the town within walking distance of couple of restaurants and bars & plenty of parking. the room was amazingly clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. highly recommend this motel to anyone coming into dubuque. We liked that it was only half-mile from University of Dubuque and 1 mile from a golf course.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2009

friendly staff, clean room for the price. can't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were looking to stay at a basic no frills motel that was quiet & clean on a recent overnight trip to Dubuque after going to the Dog Track. For the price , Super 8 seemed like it would be a bargin. We were given a room on the second floor. The room was pretty clean, other then the stain around the fan in the bathroom. The ac worked ok, but was pretty noisy. It did however drown out the noise from the street in front of the motel. The bad part of that was that the tv seemed to have a fixed loudness level. We could hear people walking in the room above us. The continental breakfast was simple, something to get you going for the day. The location was convenient to places to eat & things to do.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We liked that the hotel was centrally located in Dubuque. The mall was only half a mile away and a Mexican Restaurant on site, which was good since it was so cold we didn’t have to go so far. The room we stayed is was fair for the price we paid. It was clean, and that’s all we ask when we travel, we are not picky. I was surprise they had biscuit and gravy in the morning, last time we were there they didn’t that was a nice add. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 22, 2008

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay. I knew I was in trouble when I first opened the outside door to enter the hallway to go to the room. There was a very unpleasant odor. I was hoping the room would be ok as we had booked a smoking room and I expect a slight smoke smell. I was not prepared for the over whelming odor that hit me when I opened the room door. It was so bad I had to go straight to the window and open it to air out the room. The odor was a very heavy smokey odor. It smelled dirty. There was a large burn hole on one of the bedspeads and the carpet was very dirty looking. The remote to the TV was missing. As it was late when we checked in, I took my complaints to the clerk the next morning. I informed her of the lack of a TV remote, the smelly room, and of the fact that I was afraid to make coffee in the coffee pot as the water resourvour smelled and looked like it had never been cleaned. She informed me she was sorry but they were booked up and could not offer me another room. (No offer to clean/deordorize the room or offer me a clean coffee pot. She did give me a TV remote.) When I asked to speak with the manager on duty, I was told there was no manager on duty that weekend, he would not return until 11 pm the next day, and there was no one else I could speak with. Later that day, we returned to our room, only to find 3 wasps. We checked the window screens for holes but could not find where they were coming from. My husband kiled them. When I went to the front desk to inform them of the wasps and to ask for some Raid to make sure we were rid of any more insects, I was told they had none, not even a fly swat, and again, no offer to go to the room to check out the situation. I again asked to see the manager or someone in charge and was told there was no one. I was given a complaint card to complete and told I could contact the manager via a web site address I was given. I am not a complainer but even a budget motel has to have some standards of upkeep. We do not expect anything fancy when we book a budget priced motel but we do expect a clean room or a least an effort to provide one.

Reviewed September 13, 2008

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at super 8 in dubuque, The room was clean and spacious. We had problem with the keycard but it was fix right away.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 4, 2008

This place is clean and a good deal for the price. There are plenty of things to do around the place also. The only drawback I could see was that there were several people hanging around the back of the place and we couldn't see our vehicle from our room. Nothing happened but we were still uneasy about it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business