“Choose another”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Choose another”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Parking was very crowded, lots of garbage laying out back like old tv's and such.
I got in late in the evening and secured a room, when I got to the room I noticed the bed spread was missing but since I dont use it for anything I said nothing to the front desk and went to bed, later in the day after checkout I was called but a manager who accused me of stealing the spread, I informed him it was missing when I arrived but he again called me a liar.
I will avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms to close to smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Derry
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked this room under my daughters name as she was the first to arrive but it was my fiance, my youngest daughter and myself that slept in this room and paid for it. The bathroom in the room had damage to the tub which when we brought to the attention of the staff was told they new about it and then we were ignored. I followed up my stay with an email to the customer service from the Super 8 web site and was responded to timely at first and offered a partial refund to be mailed to me. The contacted me to say the refund was mailed to my daughter at my house, but the check has not arrived at my house where they said they sent it or to Jamie where she lives. When I tried to follow up further I was told they could only send it to Jamie in South Dakota now and when I replied that was not possible since it wasn't her that paid for the room or reserved it and we aren't on friendly terms I have heard nothing from them since. At this point I do not believe Super 8 backs their promises to their customers and based on this alone I would not stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8dbq, Manager at Super 8 Dubuque/Galena Area, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you responding but I have been working with you regarding this matter. The person that checked in the room was your daughter and she paid us cash when she checked in and we did mail a 20% refund off the total bill to her but you wanted me to mail a refund under your name. I have traced the check I sent and it was confirmed that it was delivered. Your daughter paid for the room and she registered for the room with her signature. I am sorry but I informed you that I cannot issue a refund under your name, simply because you are not the registered guest and you did not pay for the room. I am sorry but I tried my best to resolve this matter.

Travelers are raving about these Dubuque hotels