“Great Stay”

Fairfield Inn Dubuque
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night as a stopping point for a long drive. We didn't arrive until almost midnight, but the person who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very quiet when we arrived. The room was huge. Two king beds plus the rest of the furniture comfortably fit with room to move around. The bathroom was small but functional. The toiletries were standard but there was no lotion. The breakfast was nice with some hot breakfast sandwiches and other continental breakfast type items. The pool looked nice but we did not utilize it.

This hotel is located on the main highway through town, which was perfect for our stay. There is some shopping across the street and it's an easy drive into downtown. We will definitely stay here again on our way through.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Dubuque

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The staff was amazing and so friendly. The room was clean and comfy. The facility as a whole was very clean. The breakfast was good. If ever in the area again I know where we are staying.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great location on Dodge Street (Rt 20) and accross from the mall, a 24 Hour Walgreens and a yummy Texas Roadhouse (make reservations - longest wait ever but worth it). VERY convenience to both Port of Dubuque Casinos. Loved our stay and my son loves the the waffle maker!

Room Tip: Convenient to Casinos!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chucketta
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here Sat. night, the pool area was clean, the staff were very courteous and nice even though it was busy. We even received free bottles of water and cookies upon check in. The room was very nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable. We had breakfast the next morning, great selection. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Millervolleyball
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My mother and I were visiting my nephew at Dubuque University. At the last minute, we decided to stay overnight. My nephew pointed out the Fairfield Inn and although the parking lot looked very crowded, they had room for my mother and me. What a wonderful surprise at the clean, beautiful and spacious room! Although the hotel was very busy that weekend, our room was very quiet (we both slept longer than usual the following morning). The woman who checked us in (Colleen) was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was extensive (and very popular). The dining area was very clean and continually attended to by staff. Based on the great service we got - we will be going back within two weeks!!

Room Tip: I'm unsure of how I could offer more information. We were in one room and it was great - quiet...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley626
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our hotel choice for our "weekend getaway" to Dubuque. I must say that I was not totally sure how it would be after some earlier reviews I had read online. The last time we visited, we stayed at the Best Western and that was nice also, but was too pricey for our New Years Eve reservation. The staff was wonderful, the room was clean (high priority on my list), and the whole atmosphere was very warm and inviting. We took advantage of the hot tub, complimentary breakfast and the free shuttles that took us to and from the casinos. I did not find it to be noisy at all, as remarked upon in earlier reviews, and we actually had a room on the North side of the building. Also, I think the room had a nice "updated" look, and not at all in need of a remodel, as previously suggested. I feel the cost is very reasonable for what they have to offer, and we will definitely make this our choice again on our next trip.

Room Tip: might request 2 queens instead of a King for a little bit larger space
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sue c
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I have a family of two teenagers and an 11 year old. Visited Dubuque for some family Skiing at Sundown Resort. This hotel provided very comfortable and clean environment! It was also quiet where we were located. I did not experience the loud truck noise other reviews talked about. What made the stay wonderful for our family was the FRONT DESK! Emily was one of the friendliest staff members I have ever met at a hotel! She gets a 5 star rating!! There is no exercise room - but to offset that, she gave us bottled water and passes for all 5 of us to go to the local YMCA ( a fully equipped gym) that was a short drive down the street. It a little tricky to find, but provided a GREAT workout area that you couldn't get at a hotel. Warm chocolate chip cookies at the front counter were provided throughout our 2 day stay! Great for families and couples of all ages! Lobby was festive as well, decorated with a Christmas tree and all during the holiday! Way to go Dubuque Fairfield! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Room Tip: If you have older kids, book them a double QUEEN room next to yours! Corner suites on higher floors...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family