“VERY ENJOYABLE PLACE to stay - OUTSTANDING STAFF!”

Fairfield Inn Dubuque
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Overland Park, Kansas
“VERY ENJOYABLE PLACE to stay - OUTSTANDING STAFF!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I have a family of two teenagers and an 11 year old. Visited Dubuque for some family Skiing at Sundown Resort. This hotel provided very comfortable and clean environment! It was also quiet where we were located. I did not experience the loud truck noise other reviews talked about. What made the stay wonderful for our family was the FRONT DESK! Emily was one of the friendliest staff members I have ever met at a hotel! She gets a 5 star rating!! There is no exercise room - but to offset that, she gave us bottled water and passes for all 5 of us to go to the local YMCA ( a fully equipped gym) that was a short drive down the street. It a little tricky to find, but provided a GREAT workout area that you couldn't get at a hotel. Warm chocolate chip cookies at the front counter were provided throughout our 2 day stay! Great for families and couples of all ages! Lobby was festive as well, decorated with a Christmas tree and all during the holiday! Way to go Dubuque Fairfield! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Room Tip: If you have older kids, book them a double QUEEN room next to yours! Corner suites on higher floors...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Delhi, Iowa
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Front desk staff was charming and inviting... sweet old ladies there for check-in and breakfast that made me feel like "guests" and not a number. Recognized my Marriott Platinum membership right away, upgraded my room without asking... gave me a two-king room, which is very rare. They even had cookies at check-in... I swear I think the nice lady baked them at home before she came to work.

But... old bathrooms, short shower head (I'm 6-1 and almost had to shower on my knees), and just in need of remodeling. Its the older style of Fairfield before they started revamping the brand. The location is tough... the road noise from highway 20 is really distracting. They share a parking lot with an Olive Garden which might be a positive for some.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank coachGS
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I like the Fairfield Inn brand and try to stay at them when they're within my business travel budget. The room I am in now is quite loud from the noise of trucks driving by hwy 20. If you stay here, be sure to request a room on the OTHER side of the hotel not near the highway.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms on the North side of the hotl
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Brad C
NONAMEANON
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed stayed here for a night as we travelled through the Dubuque area, I found the decor pleasant and the rooms inviting. The pool was empty and breakfast was nice in comparison to other hotel's "free breakfasts". Nice room with microwave and fridge, and the staff was friendly. We felt the rooms were clean and the linens even smelled fresh out of the dryer.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank NONAMEANON
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I just got to say, this hotel has excellent caring staff working there. I travel all over the world and we are always booking hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dmvln
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Both myself and my husband are disabled , me in a wheelchair. We booked our room directly with Caroline at the hotel and received all the help and information we needed. Caroline greeted us upon arrival with snacks and assured us that whatever we needed , just to ask. We didn't need anything as the room was perfect and fit our needs completely.The breakfast bar was clean and constantly re-supplied , even for us late show ups ( 10 minutes before closing). One of the few hotels I felt like home ! Keep up your reputation !! Couldn't use the pool thou as I am unable to climb the ladders , stairs into the pool with rails would be preferred.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joann M
peoria il
Reviewed October 23, 2010

The bath towel had a black stringy thing attached to it on the folded side. Thought it was a large bug but it was something like duck tape that had gone thru the wash over and over again. The hand towel had crude on the front side. It was like crusty left over from food and it was very obvious because it was hanging right on the front side. Took it to the checkout desk and she said nothing to me, but turned up her nose. She made no attempt to say how sorry she was nor did she offer me any thing to compensate me from the hotel. Room number was 291. And the stay was the night of Oct. 15th. This was a bus trip from Washington, IL.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank bustripoctober15
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Dubuque Faifield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.