Hotel Julien Dubuque
HolidayInn.com
$114
$104
$130
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque(Dubuque)(Great Value!)
$63
Fairfield Inn Dubuque(Dubuque)
$94
$75
$88
$119
2,526 results
All reviewscaroline's restaurantbeautiful hotelriverboat loungepotosa spaal caponecapone suiteaveda productsmodern amenitieswithin walking distancewalk in showerthe rivermain streetdowntown areaking suitewedding receptionget awaydiamond jo casino
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Been wanting to stay here for sometime! Jumped at the chance when the price was right! Staff very nice upon check.. No up selling!! Thank God! No problems with the online reservation. Room was very nice, everything was new. Carolines Resturant was great! Excellent service. Pool area and spa was clean and pool temp warm enough to enjoy a swim. Handicapped pool lift was a bonus! Really enjoyed our stay.. Can't wait to stay again sometime!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.. (8 floors)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear robert S,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at Hotel Julien. We appreciate your sharing such kind words about the guest room, pool, Caroline's, and the staff..

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Arrived at hotel at check in time. I had made a online reservation the night before. The girl at desk said she couldn't find it. She told me the room l had booked was golng to cost over 200.00. After I said I had reserved it online for 139.00 and wasn't going to pay more she finally found it. Great! But the room wasn't cleaned yet with a sour look on her face.She asked us to wait in the lobby and she would bring us the key when it was cleaned. Fifty minutes later i went back to the desk.She had forgotten. I asked her politely how the room was coming. She called housekeeping they said they were just going to start it and I needed to wait another twenty minutes. By this time I had been waiting over an hour. I said I didn't care to wait. I politely asked if she could find me another room. I must have been asking to much. Her body language and attitude was terrible. She never smiled during the whole time. I thanked her for taking care of the problem when she handed me the keys. She never smiled or thanked me. I would not want someone with that type personality representing my hotel. The room was great but the service at check in was very displeasing.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank cruisinforty

Dear cruisingforty,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Hotel Juilen Dubuque.

My sincere apology for the experience that occurred during checking into the hotel. I would greatly appreciate your discussing this with me personally, should you so wish to.

Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel 563-556-4200, extension 5561.

We value each and every guests' comments. It is through caring guests as yourself that we grow in improving our services.

Dwight Hopfauf

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed on a recent Feb weekend for 2 nights in an executive King room. Loved the rich, opulent decor. The room and bed was very comfortable, spacious bath with two sinks, nice sitting area with plenty of seats and end tables. My husband liked the Kuerig coffee maker and we so appreciated the wine glasses and bottle opener. They have cable TV of which we availed ourselves. We were on the river-side, but dont expect anything scenic. Our room was adequately serviced daily. We loved how quiet the hotel is from inside our room!! Enjoyed the free parking in downtown also. The only thing we did not care for was the Riverfront Lounge (bar). Stopped in Sat night after our dinner hopping for a nice cosy atmosphere. This is cavernous with one side getting ready for a DJ/dance evening. We did not see any wait staff to take our order or serve drinks in the sitting area which is quite a distance from the bar. So after sitting there confused for 5 minutes and watching the the few young people at the bar and the DJ setting up a mile across the floor we decided to leave. Just was not the cosy lounge wee were looking for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CynthianChicago,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at Hotel Julien. Appreciate your kind words about guest room appointments and the personal Kuerig coffee makers.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A beautiful place to stay in a great location. Very nicely remodeled throughout. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the delicious complimentary gourmet kettle corn at the front desk each day was a definite treat. The Keurig coffee maker in the room was also a nice touch. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with an adjoining room door. Not at all sound proof. We could hear the couple in the next room talking and we could hear their television as if we were all in the same room. Other than that, our stay at this hotel was exceptional, and we would definitely stay here again.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear smlbkl,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at Hotel Julien. Appreciate your kind words about the popcorn and personal Kuerig coffee makers.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Decided to stay here for our anniversary instead of a B&B and it was nice but will probably opt back to the service of a bed and breakfast next time. The staff was friendly upon check in. The room we opted for stated river view which was kind of a stretch. It was more like a rooftop, other side of the hotel, the river is over that way view so we would not recommend paying the extra for that. The room was very clean and comfortable. We set out to explore as soon as we dropped our bags in the room. When we got back it was around 9:30 and we noticed there were a couple of lights out in the room, a lamp by the bed that would not stay on and the alarm clock was not working. We called the front desk and asked them to fix it the next day since it was late and we were staying through. They said they were very sorry and would have it taken care of. The next day we showered, hung the towels that we did not want replaced and took off for the day. We returned late in the evening again to find that nothing had been fixed, none of the linens that were left on the floor were replaced and the coffee condiments were not replaced either. We walked down and got the condiments from the front desk but as it was late again we passed on having maintenance come to our room to fix the lights. The hotel really is nice but just not "special". Also worth mentioning would be where the parking is in relation to room access. Not very convenient and there was no bellhop to help with bags. From the parking lot you must go in and up an elevator to get to the main desk. Then up another elevator to your room. Really not a big deal but different from other higher end hotels. Internet worked well and there is no log in required. Pool area looked nice.

Room Tip: Probably good for business travelers. Opt out of "river view" up charge. Good internet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank winocpl

Dear winocpl,

My sincere apology for your less than acceptable experience when recently staying at Hotel Julien Dubuqe; I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss in further detail. If wish please contact me directly to discuss your concern at 563.588.5561, Dwight Hopfauf, GM.

We appreciate your positive comments that you shared, along with the ones that reflect our areas to improve.

Thank you.