Holiday Inn Dubuque
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$88
$130
$99
$96
Hotels.com
$119
GardenInn.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque(Dubuque)(Great Value!)
$63
$104
Travelocity
$89
$86
All reviewsparking garageroom was cleanwalking distanceheart of downtownpool and hot tuban older hotelexercise roomroom keyfront desk staffwould stay againpool areaminute drivemississippi riveran upgradeeasy accessfirst floorstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Overall the Holiday Inn Dubuque was clean and comfortable. The beds had great sleep quality and the room was very clean. The lobby and lounge were everything that was advertised. I booked this hotel because we were staying over the memorial day weekend and I wanted a pool and hot tub for the kids. The pool was small and the hot tub was the smallest I have ever seen. It literally has a 2 person capacity and it was closed for half of our stay.
I like that the elevators required you to swipe your key card to get to our floor. I enjoyed the daily coffee service in the lobby. The kids were disappointed in the pool which was small, filled with adults and smokers.
Again, overall, we had a clean and comfortable stay, it is just that the pool is not great for kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear johnnyhotcakes,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you had a clean and comfortable stay. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience about the pool. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dubuque you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very clean room, area not the best but the hotel has great security measures that you feel secure. Bath room has an amazing sink and vanity, but the shower is small an has no are to put shampoo, soap shower is curved and if your tall or large you will fell crammed. Bed is very comfy, nice desk, tv, fridge.
We ate at the restaurant/ bar...service is very slow but staff was very nice, food decent.
The pool is small and the smallest hot tub you have ever seen. Area was clean, but some of the guests were drinking and even smoking in the pool area which killed the atmosphere we has to leave. We are from Illinois, maybe you are allowed to smoke inside public places so we didn't complain.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear zimrock,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and found the bed comfortable. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yes, the hotel is older but very clean and odor-free. I was upgraded to a jacuzzi king room but never used the jacuzzi. It was big enough for 4 though. However, it was next to the bed, surrounded by a huge mirror, and while in bed it scared me in the middle of the night when I woke up! LOL!! The biggest issue I had is the small size of the shower in the bathroom. I had to step out to shave my legs, and I am not a big girl! The front desk and room service people are awesome. I did not like the ribs I got from room service. The sauce was great but the ribs were dry and tough. The quesadilla was great though. The breakfast I had delivered arrived hot. The hotel is in a great location for walking around and Diamond Jo casino is just a quick walk over the bridge and you can get the casino shuttle to take you back to the hotel for free, or call the hotel and they will pick you up. The first morning there was a problem getting into the exercise room. The front desk clerk didn't have a key to unlock it and our key cards didn't work so he had to break into the room! There was a treadmill, bike and eliptical. No weights. No towels. This is definitely a place I would stay at again, although next time I want a view of the river!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you don't need that free hot breakfast this place may work for you. The only thing we found not wonderful was the semi-noisy A/C unit, not a huge problem, but may be hard to sleep if you need it very quiet. But everything else was great! Convenient DT location, Nice big TV, Very clean! Very Friendly! Very Quiet! Comfy bed. Well stocked with all towels/supplies. Everything was in working order. Super fast elevators! We would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge make sure you request one. Not all rooms come with mini fridges.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

On a little pleasure trip with my pretty bride, we stayed a night here. The room was dated (including the older HVAC) but very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We ordered dinner through room service and our meals were delivered within 30 minutes and was very good. The hotel is walking distance from many other attractions in Dubuque.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple