All reviews bar and grill outdoor pool room was clean donuts lounge bluff casino
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

Hotel was rundown appearance on the outside. The room was old ceiling tiles were falling down. The floor in the room was wet. Someone else's hair in the bathroom in the shower. Bed was rock hard. Curtains didn't close for privacy. Had to use a chip clip to keep the curtains closed.

Date of stay: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 17, 2019

The wife and I recently had a few days escape from the kids and ended up in Dubuque IA. We were headed to Galena but decided to save money by staying 15-20 minutes down the road. After doing much research and a bit of soul searching of pool vs no pool, nice room vs ok room we ended up at the Day’s inn.

The place is clean, and our check in went as expected. Having read previous reviews, we asked for a remodelled room. We stayed on the highway side. The bluff side is quieter but the noise from traffic wasn’t bad at all. We had a king non-smoking. The room was clean except for a lipstick on the floor under the desk, which I could easily see missing.

Checked the mattress upon entering as I am paranoid. Clean no problems there. The room wasn’t perfect. It’s a day’s inn people, not four seasons. Bed was comfortable. Maid service was good. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Looks like a fun pool area but it was not open yet. Did not try the food. Family owned and Ron really seems to care. A superior value for those who would prefer to spend money on activities and not the hotel room. We stayed for three days and will come back.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

The room was clean and comfortable. A little out dated but freshly painted and smelled nice. It's tucked in the bluff so it's kind of scenic. The front desk called the casino shuttle while we waited in the the bar for it. When we returned from the casino they had really good live entertainment. There was a nice little complementary breakfast in the morning. We would stay again.

Room tip: Clean and budget friendly.
Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Wendy B
Ron C, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Wendy
Thank you for staying with us! We are super glad to hear your stay was 5 stars!! We look forward to your return, feel free to come in the summer also when our outdoor pool is open. See you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Wish I could give a 1.5. Only good thing about the 2 day stay was the lady who was at the front desk upon check-in. She was great Thursday and Friday. So welcoming and friendly. The 2 men at the front desk when we left on Saturday were rude on multiple occasions. Our room smelled so bad of dog, our refrigerator was filthy, the bathtub was disgusting, we found someone's underwear under our bed, we had several things come up missing from our room, we asked for a late check-out and we had 3 different maids knock to tell us check-out was at 11am. We just shrugged off most of it. We had 4 kids ages 8 to 1 and were hardly at the hotel anyways. That was until I had a $25 charge on my account from the hotel. I called and once again one of the rude men from the front desk answered. I asked what the charge was for. Got put on hold for 10 minutes and was told that it was a cleaning charge. So after tipping them $10 I was still charged a fee for them vacuuming the crumbs off the floor. We even took the garbage out when we left! When I asked to speak to a manager he laughed at me and said "good luck, he's never in and doesn't care" and he hung up on me. I hope the manager gets a chance to see this and what his employee thinks of him and how his employees treat guests. If it weren't for the amazing lady the first two nights I would rate this hotel a 1. We will never be back and recommend that you spend the extra money and go elsewhere. I will continue to call and will be reaching out to wyndham as well! Also the manager contacted me nd he really didn't care

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Great location , easy to find. Comfortable rooms and clean. Lounge was great with great food. Breakfast was average. Would have liked to seen more selection of items. front desk people were friendly and courteous. Would stay here again.

Room tip: Get a lower room close to the lounge
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ron C, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Dear Virgil K,
Galena is just a hop, skip, and jump for our Dubuque location! We get lots of travelers to Galena who stay. We look forward to you staying here again and we are open to breakfast ideas! Thank you.