“Budget Motel with great customer service!!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Dubuque

Days Inn Dubuque
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed from weds-sun,, Check inn was good, very friendly front desk,, Motel i believe is older, But room was clean... Found they had a bar and grill,,, food was good, ate in there 2 times..They have a outdoor pool. so i didn't use this time...They have a free Breakfast. was really nice. .. I spoke with a gentleman in there a few times at breakfast, Found out it was Motel owner!!! He and his employees made me feel very welcome.. .. I will stay here again when im back around this way ....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank exctraveler

Reviewed February 3, 2010

Although the hotel is old, my room was clean, had newer carpet and furniture and was functional. The lobby has been updated and there is a lounge in the lobby that serves a great sandwich/appetizer menu and has entertainment on the weekends. There is also a free shuttle to either of the two casinos located in Dubuque. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that I had. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I feel very safe at this motel. They are friendly and eager to help the travelers that stay there. The rooms are clean, the pillows and beds are very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is very nice, serving waffles, fruit, cereals, juices, toast and bagels. A little off the main drag but signage is great so it is easy to get too. I say there whenever I am in the area

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
ronconrad, gm at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2009

Reviewed September 13, 2009

Our room smelled like smoke. The sheets felt rough, and they were ripped, I am sure they were polyester. The place was extremely outdated. We heard a train blowing its horn, about 5 times throughout the night. This place is ghetto. We have stayed at Days Inn before, and have had decent experiences. This was below standard. Luckily we were just passing through Dubuque, and were there only one night. I would never stay here again. The only good part about this place is the continental breakfast. It had a decent variety of food options. Also the lobby, and continental breakfast area looks nicer and was slightly more updated looking than the actual hotel room.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

The hotel was ok for the price. Our non-smoking room smelled very smoky, and we were immediately given a new room on request, which was better. The continental breakfast was pretty good as well. The outdoor patio/bar was unexpected and nice. However, my 6-year-old son cut his foot on something sharp in the Days Inn pool, which then required stitches. I understand that accidents happen, but it was how we were treated that was the most upsetting. We were treated well by the hotel staff during this event, however were treated quite unfairly and rudely by the hotel owner. Because the staff could not find the sharp object, we were treated as if it were our fault and only a feeble 'we're sorry' was given, even though it caused us to drastically alter our vacation plans due to the stitches and difficulty my son had walking.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
ronconrad, gm at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2009

First of all let me say how sorry we feel about your boys toe. We did everything we could about and beyond, we gave you a free night stay and payed for all the doctor bills, we took up most care for you. If i reamber right you didnt even want to take him to the hospital. But we wanted you to just to check him out. We also gave you a free night stay, but you were demainding 2 free night because you said it runed your trip. It did happand the last day you were there. We did check the pool also drained it and we found no sharp objects in or around the pool area. We just want to make sure that it wouldnt happand again.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were worried to book this hotel without reading the reviews, but given the prices in Dubuque and we needed a place to stay we decided to give it a try. We were impressed with the location, nestled on the bluffs edge and quiet. We got one room on the main floor and were able to park right next to our room. The room was clean and newly remodeled and smokefree (No smoke residue from days gone by). We arrived late, so a crib wasn't available, but the the woman at the desk ran one down at the end of her shift (Great service!), when she saw one wa available. The breakfast in the morning was great (waffles, etc) and a great added perk to an already low price.

If you want a great hotel at a great price- this is your pick. We will stay there again if ever passing through!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Polkadotsmile
Reviewed June 9, 2009

First off I usually stay at cheaper hotels, try to stay under a $100. This hotel was really cute on the outside, it sits with cliffs on one side and lots of trees everywhere. Our room was extremely stinky, I asked for a non smoking but was given a smoking room and why I did not go ask for a different room is completely my problem and I do not fault the hotel for that. The room itself was typical not nice at all but clean. The bathroom had a drop ceiling that was very low and unappealing. The T.V. was very old and the sound kept coming in and out which was extremely annoying. The hotel has a bar and an outside deck that is really nice - the pool was clean but only gets to be four feet deep which to me was a disappointing as well. The patrons were load when the bar closed but that didn't bother me as I live in a city with constant noise. The location is pretty nice, very close to downtown and to lots of stores/restaurants. I visited a thrift store and heard a woman saying they got amazing rooms at the Canfield Hotel right downtown for $60 that had a sitting room as well as the bedroom area. We drove past that hotel and that looks more up my alley... vintage and inexpensive. I did not see that hotel to schedule online so I imagine you need to call to reserve a room.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family